Your Prostate – What Your Physician Probably Didn’t Know.
To keep your prostate healthy: Sesame seeds, Pumpkin Seeds and Almonds - rich in Zinc, Sunflower seeds - prevents prostate cancer, Brazil nuts - selenium, Salmon, Avocados, Ground Flax seeds, Hemp seed and Chia seeds - fatty acids, Bell peppers, Broccoli, Brussel sprouts, Cauliflower, Kale - high in Vitamin C and strengthens immune system.
The stats show that over 50% of men over 50 have an enlarged prostate or prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), if you got to the over 85 year old category -round images the probability is that you are one of 95% of men who have an enlarged prostate.
Should you take a PSA to determine if you have an enlarged prostate…even the FDA has given the PSA a “D” rating – over 80% false negatives and false positives AND the majority of prescriptions given for an enlarged prostate cause prostate cancer!!!
So we better find another way…BUT we don’t have to re-invent the wheel – there are already all kinds of things you can do both to prevent and to reverse AND they only have positive side effects AND they are cheap!!!
- Sesame seeds are rich in zinc – an important prostate mineral (research shows that men with prostate cancer have up to 75% depletion in their zinc).
- Pumpkin seeds, almonds and oysters also have high levels of zinc – AND zinc is more easily absorbed when it is in a food as opposed to a supplement!!
- Sunflower seeds are known to ward of prostate cancer.
- Two brazil nuts a day will give you the selenium you need or eating fish 3x a week…either way – make your diet work for you and not against you.
- Salmon, avocados, ground flax seed, hemp seed and salba/chia seeds are all great for their fatty acids which not only keep your inflammation levels down but help your memory, cardio system, arthritic conditions and prevent cancer!!
- Bell peppers, broccoli, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, kale, bok choy are all high in Vitamin C – which also lowers your risk for prostate cancer and strengthens your immune system and fights free radicals.
- Cooked tomatoes (raw tomatoes taste and smell delicious – but we are able to get more nutrient from cooked tomatoes) have lycopene that also lowers a protein that is connected to prostate enlargement.
- You can also get lycopene from grapefruits (in the fiber – so cut up the whole grapefruit into pieces, put in blender, cover with water – and Whola! your juice for the day – I also add a whole lemon and a whole apple) watermelon, apricots and papaya.
- Avocados, mentioned above for the great fats, also have beta-sitosterol which helps to regulate urine flow leaving less residual urine; reducing inflammation; and reducing pain….yeah!!! Pumpkin seeds also have beta-sitosterol.
- Sardines, herring, cod liver oil and egg yolks have good doses of Vitamin D which has also been connected with healthy prostates and protects from prostate cancer – don’t forget to get that good healthy sunshine – go for shorter periods and don’t use the sunscreens – they are full of carcinogenic compounds!!
- Almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds also have Vitamin D!!
- And of course, as everyone knows, eat those leafy green vegetables.
Here’s to your health…choose to eat well…choose to do your research…choose to enjoy life.
Disclaimer: The content is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be construed as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical or healthcare professional.