In this video, we are going to work the super essential and effective yoga poses for men. So, let’s get started with working the entire body with these simple yoga poses. All you need is a mat and some comfortable clothing.
Hold all of these poses for at least 5 breaths of breathing in and out.
1, Downward Facing Dog: Open your fingers wide and walk the feet in. Keep your arms shoulder-width and legs hip-width. Make sure you breathe into your abdomen. This pose can be great for stretching your entire body, especially the hamstrings, the calves, the shoulders and your back. As you exhale, sink the feet in towards the mat. Lengthen the arms, stretch your tailbone.
2. Plank: This can be done anywhere, anytime and is a great pose to work your entire body, especially the core. Get into plank position, elbows in. You can also modify this position if needed by putting your feet down. Press those heels back and pull your hands towards the toes. With each exhale, squeeze the abdominals.
3. Pigeon pose: Bring your right knee in, open the hips so your feet comes forward a little bit. This is a really effective hip opening stretch, working your knees and back. Place your fingers on the mat,stretching your hip. Walk the arms forward and place your shoulders back.
4. Extended Tree: Open your left hip, place your hands together right i the center of your chest. Take your heel to below the knee or above the knee of the other leg. Take the arms up, relax your shoulders. When you exhale, squeeze the abs. Balance and do it on both sides.
5. Reverse Warrior: Open your right hip and turn your left foot in. Bend the knees, open the arms out. Extend the right hand out, and stretch it over the head.Reach back a little further. Do on both sides.
6. Boat: Bring the feet in, arms forward, shoulders back. Modify these poses as required. Raise the feet up, extend teh legs up and hold for a 5 to 10 breath. Every time you exhale, squeeze the abdominal.
7. Wide legged yoga mudra: Place legs wide apart, lace your fingers together behind, drop the shoulders back. Exhale, hinge forward. Inhale, lift the arms.