Blend 1 oz freshly juiced wheatgrass, 1 banana, ¼ cup peach slices, ¼ cup mango, ¼ cup red grapes, ¼ cup ice and ½ cup almond milk until smooth. Consume 1 oz serving per day and gradually increase to 2 oz, once your body gets used to it. It helps detoxify liver and blood, increases RBC count, stimulates the thyroid, boosts metabolism and reduces acidity in the blood.
Wheatgrass is an incredible super food with health benefits ranging from toxin detox to potential weight loss effects. Though wheatgrass can help promote good health and well-being, it is often avoided due to its unpleasant taste.
Thankfully, that taste can now be avoided as wheatgrass is readily available in powdered or tablet form, as well as the traditional wheatgrass juice. Though fresh is always best in terms of nutrients, it isn’t a compulsion.
Nutrients Found In Wheatgrass
Wheatgrass is packed with vitamins, amino acids, enzymes and minerals. Just a one-ounce shot of wheatgrass contains:
- 120 calories,
- 8 grams of fiber,
- 8 grams of plant protein,
- 240% of the daily recommended amount of Vitamin A,
- 93% of the daily recommended amount of Vitamin C,
- 356% of the daily recommended amount of iron and
- 12% of the daily recommended amount of calcium.
In fact, wheatgrass contains more Vitamin A and Vitamin C than oranges and carrots. It is also extremely rich in Vitamins E, K and B. However, the real is star is chlorophyll, a phytochemical that gives green plants their color. Wheatgrass contains over 70% chlorophyll, which can help reverse signs of aging, suppress hunger and prevent certain types of cancer. It’s all of these nutrients combined that make wheatgrass beneficial for your skin, hair and overall health.
Wheatgrass Fruit Smoothie Recipe
- 1 ounce freshly juiced wheatgrass
- 1 banana
- ¼ cup peach slices
- ¼ cup mango
- ¼ cup red grapes
- ¼ cup ice
- ½ cup almond milk
- Place all ingredients into a high-speed blender.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Enjoy immediately.
Health Benefits of Wheatgrass
Wheatgrass has incredible nutritional benefits. Some of the benefits of wheatgrass include:
- increases red blood cell count,
- detoxifies the liver and blood,
- stimulates metabolism,
- stimulates the thyroid gland,
- reduces acidity in the blood, which can help relieve peptic ulcers, ulcerative colitis, constipation, diarrhea and other intestinal problems and
- the chlorophyll content may help to oxygenate your blood and counter the damaging effects of radiation.
Adding Wheatgrass To Your Diet
Until you have built up your serving size, you should stick to a one-ounce serving per day. Too much wheatgrass too soon can leave your body feeling sick and nauseous, primarily due to the detoxifying effects it has on your blood and organs.
After your body becomes used to the effects of wheatgrass, it should be safe to increase your serving to two ounces of juice per day.