Blend 1 can (540 ml) unsalted black beans until smooth. To this, add 1/4 cup vegan margarine (or coconut oil) and 1 cup sugar. Pour in half a cup almond milk into the batter. Add 1 tbsp chia seeds, 40 g cocoa powder, 60 g carob powder, 1 tsp baking powder. Bake this mixture at 350°F for about 20 minutes, or until ready. It may take a little longer to cook on the inside.
These are the same black bean brownies I like to make for my non-vegan friends and the same ones I brought to work (back when I had a J.O.B) for my co-workers and to bake sales! Wins them over every time. 😉
They can’t believe they are vegan – not to mention, healthy! (Well healthier than normal desserts anyway)
- 1 can of unsalted black beans (540 ml)
- 1/4 cup vegan margarine (I used vegan margarine or you could use coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (I used chocolate, but it doesn’t matter what kind)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (not necessary, but I just added them)
- 40 g cocoa powder (1/4 cup + 1 tbsp)
- 60 g carob powder (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 tsp baking powder
•Optional: Carob chips or vegan chocolate chips. I also sprinkled some vegan-friendly powdered sugar on top of these later.
*This recipe makes about 42 mini brownies or 14 larger ones.
- Blend the beans until smooth.
- Add in butter and sugar.
- Add the milk and dry ingredients to the batter.
- Bake at 350° F for about 20 minutes or until ready (depends on how long you bake them, but usually these take a little longer to cook on the inside.)