Boil 1 gallon filtered water, add favorite dried or fresh herbs. Add 1 cup if dry herbs and 3 cups if you're using fresh. Boil for 10 minute and steep for another 5 minutes. Pour mixture into a bowl. Sit over the bowl on a slatted chair without underwear. Use a towel to create a tent over the bowl and steam your vagina and the surrounding areas for 20-30 mins.
Vagina detox (vaginal steaming) is all about using steam and a selection of herbs to cleanse the vagina.
Vaginal steaming in Chinese medicine is used to relieve stagnation and coldness in the body, and in Eastern medicine in general it is used to dilate the blood vessels, increase blood circulation, provide oxygenation and relax the pelvic floor muscles.
What To Know About Vaginal Steaming?
- The best time to do vaginal steaming is after your period and it is discouraged during it.
- You should also avoid vaginal steaming if you believe you may be pregnant.
- Typically vaginal steaming lasts for about twenty to forty-five minutes and care should be taken to avoid using steam too close or too hot so as not to burn or irritate the sensitive vaginal tissue.
- The most important thing regarding the herbs you use is to make sure you are knowledgeable about them.
Traditional Herbs For Vaginal Health
- Rose petals
- Chamomile and others
How To Do A Vaginal-Steam Bath At Home?
- Boil about 1 gallon of filtered water and add your selection of dried or fresh herbs.
- Use about 1 cup of dried herbs .If you use fresh herbs, triple the amount as dried herbs are generally more potent and concentrated than fresh herbs.
- Boil for 10 minute and continue to steep off of the stove for an additional 5 minutes.
- Then pour the herbal water into a bowl. Sit over the bowl comfortably on a slatted chair without your underwear.
- Put a towel or a blanket around your waist and create a tent over the bowl.
- Steam your vagina and the surrounding areas for about 20 to 30 minutes.
It is completely normal to experience some cramping or have a vaginal discharge after the steaming session, especially if you are doing it for the first time.