Mix 2 lbs ground turkey, 1/2 medium diced onion, 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro, 1/4 cup shredded carrot, 126 ml tomato paste, and 1 tbsp cumin. Add salt, pepper, and olive oil as per taste. Marinate for 4 hrs. in a fridge. Form 1 inch meatballs. Add a little olive oil in a pan and cook these over medium heat for 15 mins, turning often. Serve over rice or spaghetti, with a side salad.
Our family loves these turkey meatballs served over squash, with a side salad.
- 2lbs ground turkey
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 (126ml) jar tomato paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and marinate for at least 4 hours in the fridge.
- Form into 1 inch meatballs.
- Cook in a pan over medium heat in a little olive oil, turning often, for about 15 minutes until done.
- Serve over rice, spaghetti, or acorn squash.