Triphala Churna Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, and, Side Effects
Benefits of Triphala Churna: Rich in antioxidants, calms Kapha and Pita, treats diabetes, cures skin diseases, improves taste and eye sight, treats chronic fever, relieves laziness, treats obesity. Ingredients: Amla, Haritaki and Vibhitaki. Dosage: 1 – 3 grams with honey, ghee or warm water, before food. Triphala tablets and capsules - 1 - 2 tablets once or twice a day, before food.
Triphala churna is one of the most famous and widely used Ayurvedic product with plenty of health benefits. It comes in herbal powder form. Tri means three, Phala means fruit. It is made of three fruits.
Triphala Churna Benefits
- Triphala is a powerful source of anti oxidants
- It helps to calm Kapha and Pitta
- It is used regularly in patients having pre diabetes
- It is also used in the treatment for diabetes, due to its rich anti oxidant property
- Water decoction / Kashaya prepared with Triphala powder is used to treat non healing wounds. learn how to prepare triphala kashaya
- It is extremely beneficial in skin diseases
- It is good for improving eye sight and to treat computer vision syndrome
- It helps to improve taste
- It is also used in the treatment of chronic fever
- Triphala churna is useful to relieve laziness
- Triphala For weight loss –It is also used in the treatment of obesity
Triphala Churna Powder Dosage
- Triphala churna dosage is – 1 – 3 grams with honey, ghee or warm water, before food.
- Triphala tablet – 1 – 2 tablets – once or twice a day, usually before food.
- Triphala capsule – 1 – 2 capsule – once or twice a day, usually before food.
If you are taking Triphala to improve taste, or to treat oral ulcers, then it makes sense to take it in churna (powder) form. For any other purpose, it can be taken in tablet or capsule form.
It is made of three fruits. The dry powder of fruit rind of these three fruits are mixed in equal proportions.
- Amla – Emblica officinalis – Indian gooseberry
- Haritaki – Terminalia chebula – Chebulic Myrobalan
- Vibhitaki – Terminalia bellirica – Belleric Myrobalan
Triphala Side Effects
There are no known side effects of Triphala. It is used as a daily tonic by many, due to its rich anti oxidant activity. People with diabetes need to inform doctor, if they are taking Triphala choornam.
Disclaimer: The content is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be construed as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical or healthcare professional.