Do you have a picky toddler at home who refuses all your healthy meal plans and makes mealtimes a difficult phase of the day?
Children go through picky phases, so don’t stress about it. Just follow these tips to deal better with their food-related tantrums and to make sure they get enough nutrition.
8 Tips To Deal With Mealtime Woes
- Limit juices, milk, or any snacks between meals but let them drink plenty of water.
- Remove all distractions at mealtime (whether the TV or your pets) and let your child focus on the food.
- Buy and stock your house with healthy foods only.
- Set boundaries about what to eat, where to eat, and when to eat.
- Every meal, make them take one bite of foods they dislike but that are healthy for them and help them acquire the taste.
- Don’t eat what you wouldn’t let your child eat.
- Don’t use food as a reward or the lack of it as punishment.
- Serve small portions first, then add on.
And check this out.