7 Day Full-Body Workout (Each Under 30 Minutes!)
Perform 10 min cardio, 2 circuits of each workout, and end with stretches. Day 1: 15 bridges, 15 side leg lifts, 30 sec plank. Day 2: 15 side kicks, 15 chair push ups, 15 kettlebell deadlifts. Day 3: 15 chest openers, 15 inner thigh leg lifts, 15 kettlebell deadlifts. Day 5: 20 bridges, 20 side leg lifts, 45 sec plank. Day 6: 20 side kicks, 20 chair push ups, 20 kettlebell deadlifts. Take a deserved rest on days 4 and 7.
I hate to work out for long periods of time. I don’t have a lot of time between my kids activities, my own activities, and wanting to still have time to do nothing sometimes.
And I am pretty sure you are like me. You don’t want to spend hours exercising1 for your own reasons.
What better way to be active then to do it under 30 minutes2!
I put together a simple, minimal equipment, 7 day full-body workout that you can have fun with. Mix up the exercises, increase the reps, get creative!
For these workouts all you will need is:
- a chair
- kettlebell (or small weight)
- Step 1: Lay down (face up) on a mat with your back straight, knees bent, legs hip width apart, and your feet flat on the floor. Your arms should be down at your sides, palms of your hands facing down.
- Step 2: Pushing your heels into the floor, raise your hips up, bringing your chest to your chin. Keep your shoulders on the floor.
- Step 3: Hold for 5 seconds, then return to the starting position and repeat for the total amount of desired repetitions.
Advanced: Hold one leg out straight while doing the same motion OR place feet flat against the wall with knees bent.
Side Leg Lifts
- Step 1: Stand up straight with legs and feet together. Hands on hips.
- Step 2: Slowly shift your weight to your left leg (knee can be slightly bent). Lift your right leg out to the side and up towards the ceiling.
- Step 3: Bring your right leg back down right before it hits the floor. Repeat for the total amount of desired repetitions then switch to the other leg.
Modification: Hold on to a chair or wall for support.
- Step 1: Lay down (stomach down) on the floor. Prop your body up by coming onto your toes and placing your bent elbows underneath you.
- Step 2: Hold this position for the total amount of desired time.
Modification: Also, bend at the knees and keep your knees on the floor. (So knees, toes, and elbows are supporting your body weight).
Advanced: Lift one leg in the air.
- Step 1: Stand up straight, legs and feet together. Bring your hands up in front of your chest to help with balance, while slowly shifting your weight to the left leg (left knee can be slightly bent).
- Step 2: Bend your right knee while slowly bending to the left side. Kick out to the right side with your right leg, so that your right leg is straight.
- Step 3: Slowly bend your right knee to bring it back down to the floor and stand up straight again with legs and feet together. Repeat for the total amount of desired repetitions then switch to the other side.
Modification: Hold onto a chair or the wall for support as you lean to the side and kick.
Chair Push Ups
- Step 1: Place palms down on the edge of a chair or bench and walk your feet back until you are in a push up position (arms are straight and your weight is being supported by your arms). Lift your heels up off the floor.
- Step 2: Lower your upper body towards the chair or bench while keeping your spine straight.
- Step 3: Push back up into the starting position and repeat for the total amount of desired repetitions.
Advanced: Flip the position and have palms down on the floor and legs up on the chair.
- Step 1: Stand straight & tall, feet flat, legs closer than hip width apart. Your kettlebell should be gripped by both hands.
- Step 2: Keeping your abs tight and your back straight, bend at the waist while bringing the kettlebell towards the ground. Stop right before the kettlebell reaches the ground.
- Step 3: Squeeze your glutes, keep your abs tight, and slowly return to a standing position. Repeat for the total amount of desired repetitions.
Modification: Knees can be slightly bent if needed.
- Step 1: Lay down (face up) on a mat. Take a weight in each hand and hold out, arm’s length, straight up in front of you.
- Step 2: Lower each arm to the side down towards the floor – away from each other to open the chest. Stop right before your hands touch the floor.
- Step 3: Raise the arms back to the start position and repeat for the total amount of desired repetitions.
Modification: Bend knees with feet flat on the floor for more lower back support.
Inner Thigh Leg Lifts
- Step 1: Lay down on your right side on a mat. Use your right elbow to prop yourself up and use your left arm for support by placing your left palm face down in front of you. Bend your left leg with your left foot flat on the floor. Keep your right leg straight.
- Step 2: Raise your right leg towards the ceiling as far as you can go without moving your body backwards. Stay as forward facing as possible.
- Step 3: Bring your right leg back down and repeat for the total amount of desired repetitions then switch to the other side.
References [ + ]
|1.||↑||20 More Ways To Exercise Without Going To The Gym, Simple Holistic Girl|
|2.||↑||A 30 Minute Full-Body Workout: No Equipment Needed, Simple Holistic Girl|
Disclaimer: The content is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be construed as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical or healthcare professional.