Respiratory Support Formula Using Essential Oils
Email to Your Friends
In a 5ml euro-dropper bottle, blend 30 drops each of lemon+eucalyptus oil, 5 drops each of lavender+oregano+thyme+rosemary oil, and 10 drops each of myrrh+frankincense oil; allow to synergize for 8 hrs before using. Add 10 drops of the blended mix into a pan of hot water. Using a towel to create a tent over your head and the pan, breathe deeply to capture the steam.
The essential oils in the respiratory support formula contain anti-bacterial, antihistamine, anti-allergic, anti-spasmodic and bronchio-dilating properties, among others, which make it useful for relieving respiratory conditions and associated symptoms of swelling and itching.
How To Blend
To 5 ml euro-dropper bottle add:
- Myrrh – 10 drops
- Frankincense – 10 drops
- Lemon – 30 drops
- Eucalyptus globulus and radiata – 30 drops
- Lavender – 5 drops
- Oregano – 5 drops
- Thyme – 5 drops
- Rosemary – 5 drops
Close cap tightly and shake bottle vigorously to thoroughly blend essential oils. Allow to synergize for eight or more hours before using.
How to Use
- Use your respiratory support formula as a respiratory steam in bowl of steaming water.
- Cover your head with a towel to capture the steam and be sure to close your eyes so the essential oil vapors do not get into your eyes.
- You can also diffuse in the air for 10-15 minutes.
- Or dispense 1-3 drops of the respiratory blend onto a cotton ball or smell strip and inhale the aromatic vapors for 10-15 seconds.
- Also effective as an aromatic mist.
Ready-To-Use Respiratory Support Oil Blend
- Simply add 15 drops of your synergy blend to a one ounce bottle of your favorite carrier oil.
- Shake bottle well to disperse oils thoroughly.
- Apply a few drops of your ready-to-use blend to sinus points around nose and forehead, as well as on the back of your neck.
- May repeat as needed.
Disclaimer: The content is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be construed as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical or healthcare professional.