How To Remove Dark Spots Naturally?
Vitamin C in lemon juice makes it an excellent organic bleaching agent. Buttermilk contains lactic acid which is very effective in reducing skin pigmentation. Oatmeal powder is a great skin exfoliator. Aloe Vera, an elixir for the skin, heals skin burns. Glycolic acid in sugar can help get rid of dark spots. Tomato juice, honey and rose water are also recommended to keep your skin blemish-free.
How To Remove Dark Spots?
Dark spots formation is one of the most common skin problems seen in both young and old adults. Also known as hyper pigmentation, these dark spots vary colour from red to brown to slightly blackish in colour. These dark spots tend to occur in different parts of the body, mostly seen on the face, neck, shoulders, arms and back.
The chemical that given human skin its colour is known as melanin, and excess production of this chemical on the skin can lead to freckles and dark spots on the skin. Here are a few common causes of dark spots.
What Causes Dark Spots?
- Excess exposure to the sun
- Hormonal Imbalance
- Pituitary Tumors
- Vitamin Deficiencies
- Certain medications like estrogens, tetracylines, phenytoin and more
- Lack of Sleep
Home Remedies For Dark Spots
- Lemon Juice: Lemons contain an abundant amount of Vitamin C, which is useful in lightening the skin. Due to its acidic properties, it acts as an organic bleaching agent helping you get rid of marks on your skin. To apply, you can apply fresh lemon juice on a cotton swab and apply it directly on the affected area. Allow this to dry and wash it off. Remember to dilute the lemon juice in case you have sensitive skin. Dilute it with rosewater, water or honey and apply on the skin.
- Buttermilk: Buttermilk contains lactic acid, which is very effective in reducing skin pigmentation and also helps brighten and tone your overall skin complexion. It also has no side effects, and is more apt for those with sensitive skin. You can either apply buttermilk directly on your dark spots, leave it to dry, and then wash it off else you can make a solution by mixing buttermilk and honey for your dark spots. Another effective method of doing this is by adding two teaspoons of fresh tomato juice to buttermilk and then applying it on your dark spots. Both of them are known to have excellent bleaching properties.
- Oats: Oatmeal powder is a great skin exfoliater as it removes dead skin and dark spots effectively. To make an oatmeal mask, first grind half a cup of oats. Next, add two to three spoons of lemon juice to it and make a paste. Scrub this on your skin and wash it with lukewarm water once dried.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is a magical ingredient for the skin, that can cure almost every skin problem. It can heal skin burns and dark spots as well. It also acts as a lubricant for rashes and blackheads. To apply, take fresh aloe vera juice and apply it on your dark spots and leave it for 30 to 45 minutes, and then wash it off. Doing this on a regular basis will help keep your skin healthy and glowing.
- Sugar Cubes: Sugar contains Glycolic acid, a natural chemical peel that helps get rid of dark spots. Very gently scrub a sugar cube on your dark spots, and use it to exfoliate all the dead skin and blemishes.
Disclaimer: The content is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be construed as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical or healthcare professional.