Bring to boil 1 cup red quinoa in 4½ cup water, till water is absorbed. Add chopped dried tomatoes (soaked in 2 cups hot water), 1 cup kalamata olives, 4 scallions, 2 carrots, 3 cucumbers, 1 dikon radish (all diced) and 1 cup chopped oregano. Drizzle it with whisked 1/2 cup lemon juice, 1/2 cup olive oil, 1 lemon zest, red pepper and salt. Add cooked quinoa and toss gently.
This is a very healthy and delicious salad or stuffing for great vegan wrap.
Preperation Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Recipe Type: Salads
Cuisine: Mediterranean diet
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 1 cup white quinoa
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 baby cucumber, diced
- 1 daikon radish, peeled and diced
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato
- 1 cup kalamata olives
- 1 cup chopped fresh oregano
- zest of one lemon
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup olive oil
- dash red pepper flakes
- salt to taste
- Soak the sun-dried tomatoes in a 2 cups of hot water.
- Place quinoa in a pot. Add 4½ cup water and bring to boil. Turn the heat down and cook until the water is absorbed. Remove from the heat and allow the quinoa to rest.
- Remove sun-dried tomato from the water, squeeze the excess water and chop.
- Dice kalamata olives and place in salad bowl. Add sun-dried tomatoes, scallions, carrots, cucumbers, dikon and oregano.
- Whisk lemon juice, olive oil, lemon zest, red pepper and salt. Drizzle the dressing over vegetables and toss well.
- Add cooked quinoa to vegetables and toss gently. Taste the salad, adjust the seasoning. Allow the salad to cool. Serve and enjoy.