In a high speed blender, grind 1 cup pecans into a fine paste. Add 1 cup pumpkin puree, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp grated fresh ginger, 1/2 tsp cardamom, 4 large medjool dates, a pinch of salt and puree until smooth. Refrigerate in a glass jar. Spread on toast and pancakes and mix into your morning oatmeal to add a healthy and delicious twist to your breakfast.
I love pecans!
I eat them from the bag, make them into crusts for pies and love pecan butter. The other day I had extra pumpkin puree leftover and I made a delicious pecan pumpkin butter spread for my husband to use on his toast, pancakes and to mix into his morning oatmeal.
When I create recipes I never really know if they are going to taste great, but I have to say if you like pecans and pumpkin, this recipe is a winner.
Yesterday, I sliced a few pears and spread the pecan pumpkin butter on each slice, it was a delicious afternoon snack. This morning I made some hot quinoa for breakfast, added in some of the pecan pumpkin butter along with a tablespoon of apple butter, topped it with more pecans and had a delicious breakfast that kept me full and satisfied for hours. This past weekend I made my favourite banana almond pancakes and topped them with the rest of the pecan pumpkin butter, they were so yummy!
Recipe For Pecan Pumpkin Butter Spread
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 4 large medjool dates
- Pinch of salt
- Grind nuts in a high speed blender or vitamix until fine.
- Add in remaining ingredients and puree until smooth.
- Store in a glass jar in the fridge.
Recipe For Fluffy Gluten Free Almond Pancakes
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 of a ripe banana
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond, coconut or cashew milk
- Extra coconut oil for cooking pancakes
- In a food processor mix banana, coconut oil and almond milk.
- Add in almond flour, potato starch, and baking powder.
- Melt a little oil in a non stick frying pan and pour enough to make pancakes.
- Flip when you see bubbles appear, cook on both sides until brown.
- Top with pecan pumpkin butter and pure maple syrup.