Papaya Health Benefits: Ayurveda Recommendations
Email to Your Friends
- Balancing Doshas: The fruit of Papaya is a destroyer of the Vata and Kapha doshas (air and phlegm body humors). This is in accordance to the special properties it sustains. All the more, in the ripe state, papaya also tends to combat an aggravation in the Pitta dosha or the fire body humor.
- Natural Tonic: Papaya is a natural source of a number of vitamins, minerals and digestive enzymes. You need to make it a regular supplement to your daily diet and feel the energy boost. Not only this, the fruit could benefit by increasing the blood pressure as well as the blood sugar levels. This is highly suggestive for those suffering from the symptoms of fatigue, lack of vigor and occasional loss of sleep.
- Digestive Aid: The fruit of papaya contains some digestive enzymes that benefit by easy absorption and assimilation of food. Not only do these enzymes stimulate the liver for proper functioning, but also cause an overall improvement in the digestion and as a result provide an increase in the health and vitality.
- Diuretic: Papaya diet is advisable in the urinary disorders in which there is a decrease in the normal flow of urine.
- For Women Maladies: In case of excessive pain during menstruation or an irregular or decreased flow during the cycle, papaya again comes to use. According to Ayurvedic texts, a powder prepared by pounding the seeds of the fruit is to be taken along with warm water in a dose of half to one gram. Also, the lactating mothers need to supplement the fruit in their daily diet regimen. This could result into a better production of milk.
- Local Application: The milk from a raw papaya is a holder of anti-infective and anti-toxic properties. In case of tonsillitis, the same can be put onto the inflamed tonsils like throat paint. For mouth and tongue ulcers, try applying the milk on the sores for relief.
- Remedy for Joint Pains: The seeds and leaves of papaya are believed to be helpful in decreasing pain and swelling. In case of joint pains, the leaves are to be warmed and applied as a hot fomentation onto the affected joints or the seeds can be crushed and mixed into mustard oil for local massage.
Disclaimer: The content is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be construed as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical or healthcare professional.