In a food processor, pulse 1 cup rolled oats, 3/4 cup cherries, 1/3 cup raw sunflower seeds, 1/3 cup pepitas, 1/3 cup sunflower seed butter, 1/4 cup flax seed, pinch sea salt, 1 tsp cardamom, 1/4 cup coconut flakes, 1 tbsp sesame seeds, 3 tbsp maple syrup and 2 tbsp coconut oil. Spread mix on a tray and bake at 325 F for 25 mins. Slice into bars and refrigerate.
Looking for back school snacks that are free of nuts, gluten, dairy and eggs? These soft and chewy granola bars are low in sugar and high in protein and make a great snack for kids or adults.
Many of my followers ask me for gluten free and nut free snack ideas and they also specify ones made without dates. This granola bar recipe is made with frozen cherries and raw seeds so it makes for a delicious combination. Let me know how you and your kids enjoy these back to school vegan granola bars.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup frozen cherries- let thaw
- 1/3 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- 1/3 cup sunflower seed butter
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds or hemp seed
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- In a food processor pulse all ingredients until they come together.
- Spread mixture into a greased 8×8 square baking dish and bake 325F for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool, slice into bars and store in fridge