Natural Ways To Remove Cheek Hair
Excess facial hair can be exasperating, affecting your appearance. It is common to have some amount of fine and light colored hair on the face in all women. But, some women have excess hair on their upper lips and cheeks, which could be due to the higher-than-normal levels of male hormone–androgen. It is produced in all women but in negligible quantities.
Below are some of the natural ways of getting rid of cheek hair, which have shown effective results.
Natural Ways To Get Rid Of Cheek Hair
1. Orange Peel And Honey
Orange peel is rich in vitamin-C which fights free radicals, slowing the process of skin aging. Honey, on the other hand, acts as a natural bleaching agent and is also rich in antioxidants.
- Mix 2 tsp of orange peel powder and 1 tsp of honey in a small bowl.
- Apply this paste on your cheeks and upper lips (if needed).
- Allow it to dry for some time. The paste would not dry completely, due to the presence of honey in it.
- Therefore, when the paste is partially dried, gently take it off from the skin by massaging your cheeks in a circular upwards motion.
- Wash your face with water and pat dry.
- Following this remedy for a month, every day, would show evident results.
2. Turmeric And Papaya Paste
Due to its healing and antioxidant properties, turmeric is considered one of the wonder herbs. It also promotes fairness to the skin by helping get rid of facial hair. Papaya hydrates the skin, removes blemishes, and lightens the hair.
- Blend the pulp of one small raw papaya to make a fine paste.
- Add 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder to this and mix well.
- Apply this paste on your cheeks or entire face and massage for 15–20 minutes.
- Practice this remedy once a week, for about 2 months to see your cheek hair reduce.
3. Fenugreek And Green Gram Paste
While fenugreek is an effective anti-aging product for skin, green gram has enzymes that efficiently help remove facial hair due to its scrubbing ability.
- Grind equal proportions of fenugreek and green gram to form a fine powder.
- Add water to this mix to form a smooth paste.
- Apply this on your cheeks and let it sit for 15–20 minutes.
- With a soft dry cloth, take off the paste.
- Do not wash your face for at least 6 hours after the above process.
- Try this remedy once a week until you see satisfactory results.
4. Sugar And Egg White Face Mask
Egg white has skin lightening and hair removal properties and therefore can be used as a mask. Sugar acts a scrub for easier hair removal.
- To 1 egg white, add 2 tsp of fine sugar.
- Mix it thoroughly to form a paste of thicker consistency.
- Apply this paste on your cheeks and let it dry.
- Once it dries, wash your face with water, by gently massaging your cheeks in the direction opposite to hair growth.
- Follow this remedy thrice a week to get faster results.
5. Potato Juice And Lentil Paste
Potato juice has skin and hair lightening properties and lentils act as a natural scrub.
- Soak 1 small bowl of yellow lentils in a water, overnight.
- Grind them into a fine paste the next morning.
- Add 1 tbsp of potato juice extracted by blending and squeezing a potato.
- To this mixture add 1 tbsp of honey and 4 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Apply it on your cheeks and let it dry.
- Gently remove it from the skin after it dries, followed by washing your face.
- This mixture can be stored for 2 days in a refrigerator.
6. Barley And Milk Paste
Barley exfoliates the skin by removing dead skin and unwanted hair. Milk is a good moisturizer that neutralizes the effect of exfoliation by barley.
- To 1 tbsp of barley powder, add 1 tbsp of lemon juice and 1 tbsp of milk.
- Mix thoroughly to form a fine paste.
- Apply this on your cheeks and let it sit for around 20-25 minutes.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water.
- Try this remedy for 3 times a week to see evident results.
7. Oatmeal Scrub
Oatmeal acts as an active scrub which softens the facial hair and helps get rid of them.
- To 2 tsp of oatmeal, add 2 tsp of fine sugar, and 1 tsp lemon juice.
- Mix thoroughly to form a fine paste and apply it on your cheeks, opposite to the direction of cheek hair.
- Remove the mask by peeling off gently with fingers, after it dries.
- Practice this thrice a week to see your unwanted hair fading away.
8. Apricot And Honey Scrub
Dried apricots are natural exfoliants, which remove dead skin, unwanted hair, and unclog pores.
- Grind 1/2 cup of dried apricots to form a coarse powder.
- To this, add 1 tbsp of honey or as much needed to form a paste.
- Apply this on your cheeks and let it sit for 5–10 minutes.
- Once it is partially dried, massage your cheeks in the direction opposite to cheek hair, for 15–20 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water.
9. Wheat bran Scrub
Wheat bran, apart from removing unwanted hair also prevents wrinkles.
- Mix 3 tbsp of wheat bran, 1 tsp of rose water, and 1 tbsp of milk to form a paste.
- Apply this paste on your cheeks and let it sit for 2 minutes.
- Start massaging in a circular motion until the paste dries off.
- Wash with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- Try this remedy daily for 1–2 weeks, followed by reducing the frequency to thrice a week.
10. Lavender And Tea Tree Oil Mixture
Both, lavender and tea tree oils have anti-androgenic properties, which help treat unwanted facial hair.
- To 1 tsp of lavender oil, add 4–6 drops of tea tree oil.
- Apply it on your cheeks using a soft cloth or cotton ball.
- Wash with luke warm water.
- Try this twice or thrice a week for three months continuously, to see your cheek hair vanish permanently.
Facial hair could also be due to underlying health conditions like polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), medications, and birth control pills. Therefore, identifying and treating the root cause is one of the best options for getting rid of cheek hair. Consulting your doctor as soon as you see a vast difference in the pattern of facial hair growth is recommended.
Disclaimer: The content is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be construed as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical or healthcare professional.