1. Stabilize blood sugar by adding cinnamon to your diet. 2. Exercise on a daily basis in short periods, this will prevent spiking of cortisol. 3. Quit birth control pills and consume leafy greens and magnesium rich foods to regularize hormones. 4. Avoid coffee as it can inflame existing cysts. 5. Fight hair loss; consume foods such as wheat germ and Brussels sprouts.
Women suffering from PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) produce more male hormones like androgens, which can affect ovulation, disrupt insulin and cortisol levels. Excess androgen also increases stress levels, acne, body hair growth and weight gain. There is medication for this but the best way to change your body’s hormonal biochemistry would be by making dietary changes.
Home Remedies For PCOS
1. Stabilize Blood Sugar with Cinnamon
Control your sugar intake by simply adding cinnamon to whatever you can. Cinnamon satiates sugar cravings and improves glucose and insulin management.
2. Exercise Daily to Improve Glucose Transportation
Simple exercises like a walk after a meal can improve transportation of glucose to your blood cells. Do short activities instead of long ones that increase cortisol levels.
3. Quit the Pill to Regulate Hormone Levels
Birth control pills work by disrupting hormone production in the body. When you quit the pill, your body will take sometime to regularize hormones and you can aid this process by consuming leafy greens and magnesium rich foods.
4. Avoid Coffee to Regulate Hormone Levels
Coffee increases estrogen and that can inflame the cysts. A cup of coffee can make your body secrete an excess of cortisol and insulin both of which can throw other important hormones of balance.
5. Consume Omega 3 Fatty Acids to Fight Hair Loss
Consume foods rich in omega 3 fatty acids and phytosterols like wheat germ and Brussels sprouts.