Simple home-made masks can work wonders on tanned sk in. Try an egg white and honey mask. Egg white bleaches your skin and makes it smooth by tightening pores. Honey’s antibacterial properties and antioxidants can slow aging and make your skin glow. Mix 1 egg white with 1 Tbsp honey. Apply this on your tanned skin, and leave it on for an hour. Then, wash off with water and a gentle face wash.
Summer is the time to have fun outdoors. But it isn’t fun when you’re exposed to the blazing sun for too long. Prolonged exposure to the sun can give you an ugly tan and cause plenty of other problems such as dehydration and heat stroke. Some amount of tan is good for your skin; however, overexposure to the sun can cause dark patches and blisters on your skin.
While heading to a salon to de-tan may not seem like a bad idea, many salons use chemicals to remove tan. Some of them can be harmful. That’s why natural remedies are best for the skin. They take time, but they heal your skin without any side effects.
Should you go outdoors and enjoy the beach, play volleyball, or sunbathe this summer? Or should you avoid getting tanned sitting indoors instead? If sun tan is keeping you away from having fun, then you have reason to rejoice. Here are some great remedies to help you get rid of your tan within days. Most of these ingredients are easily available, so you can prepare your own de-tan mask at home without any hassle.
Natural Remedies And Tips To De-Tan
1. Cucumber And Tomato Mask
Cucumber has a soothing effect on the skin. It hydrates the skin and opens pores. It is also an excellent whitening agent. Tomatoes can help repair cells, treat acne, prevent excessive production of oil by the skin glands, and leave your skin glowing. This mask has the goodness of both vegetables and works great on tanned skin.
- 1 tomato
- 1 cucumber
- 2 Tbsp gram flour
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 Tbsp milk curd or milk cream (Use curd if you have oily skin and cream if you have dry skin.)
- Grate the cucumber and tomato. Then, add all the other ingredients and mix well.
- Apply this pack on your face, neck, and other areas that were exposed to the sun.
- Keep it on for 20 minutes; then, wash it off with cold water.
2. Lemon And Aloe Vera Mask
Aloe vera gel contains several compounds such as mannans, lectins, and polysaccharides. Applying it on your skin can remove dark spots; if you add a few drops of lemon juice to it, you’ll have glowing skin in weeks.
- Aloe vera leaves
- 2-3 drops of lemon juice
- Squeeze fresh aloe vera juice from 3-4 leaves, and mix the lemon juice with it.
- Apply this mask on the tanned areas of your skin.
- Let it dry for 20 minutes; then, wash it off with cold water.
3. Potato And Lemon Juice
Potatoes are loaded with minerals, vitamins, fiber, and proteins. Both potatoes and lemon juice have the goodness of vitamin C, which helps lighten skin tone and adds a healthy glow to the skin.
- 1 potato
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Grind the potato in a mixer; then, squeeze the juice you get using a muslin cloth.
- Add the lemon juice to the potato juice, and mix well.
- Apply this on your tan lines, and leave it on for 30-40 minutes; then, wash with cold water.
4. Oatmeal And Buttermilk Mask
Oatmeal – a natural exfoliator – is believed to remove sun tan within weeks. Buttermilk helps moisturize and soothe your skin. Both these ingredients work toward removing dead cells and blackheads to make your skin lose the darkness set by tan.
- 2 Tbsp oatmeal
- 3 Tbsp buttermilk
- Mix the oatmeal and buttermilk, and apply the mixture on your face in a circular motion.
- Leave it on for 15-20 minutes; then, wash it off with water.
5. Yogurt And Orange Juice Mask
Orange has vitamin C, which helps regenerate skin cells, fight blemishes, and improve skin texture. The collagen in orange may slow down the aging process and tighten skin. Yogurt acts as a natural bleach and keeps your skin supple.
- 1 Tbsp yogurt
- 1 Tbsp orange juice
- Mix the orange juice and yogurt, and apply the mask on the affected areas.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes; then, rinse it off with cold water.
6. Egg White And Honey Mask
Egg white naturally bleaches your skin and tightens the pores, which makes your skin look smooth. Honey has antibacterial properties and antioxidants that may prevent signs of aging and make your skin look radiant.
- 1 egg white
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Mix the egg white with the honey.
- Apply the mask on the affected areas. Keep it on for an hour.
- Wash it off with water and a mild face wash.
7. Sugar And Lemon Mask
Sugar works as a great cleansing agent and can help in removing sun tan too. Adding lemon juice to sugar accelerates the process of de-tanning and clears your skin in no time.
- 1 Tbsp of granulated sugar
- 2-3 drops of lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp of olive oil
- Mix the sugar, lemon juice, and olive oil; allow the sugar to dissolve.
- Apply the pack on your face in circular motions. Avoid the eye area; don’t press the sugar too hard against your skin.
- Keep the mask on for 15-20 minutes; then, wash it off with cold water.
Apply these masks at least once a week, and get rid of your tan in no time at all!