Eyes are rightly regarded as ‘Windows to the Soul’ and the precise meaning of this phrase would mean that you can look into the eyes of an individual and decipher the nature of the Soul! It is highly vital to recognize and practice the supportive Ayurveda Eye care tips and treatments for the health and longevity of the eyes.
Ayurveda’s Take On Eyecare
According to Ayurveda, our eyesight is the product of Agni or the fire. Therefore it is particularly important to save the same from phlegm. Also, as the eyes are considered to be the windows to the soul and one of the main sites of Pitta dosha, it is believed that excess heat or fire element can accumulate in the eyes causing dryness, strain, blood shot, and diminished vision. With the overuse of looking at computer screens and detail work it is beneficial to give your eyes extra nutrition and rest with this eye therapy. Also, Ayurveda has several Ayurvedic treatments for eye diseases.
Natural Eye Care Tips:
– Eyewash: Daily eyewash has been suggested by Ayurveda sages since ages so as to be able to own the perfect natural vision life-long. As part of daily routine, eyes need to be washed with cold water. It is also suggested that prior to this act, the mouth be filled with water. This would make the eyes protrude out and better cleansing of the same could be accomplished.
– Medicated Anjanas: Local applications of medicated Anjanas have been recommended so as to soothe the eyes and prevent as well as heal any eye injuries.
Ayurvedic Home Remedies for Eye Care:
– Amla: The juice extracted from the fresh fruit of Amla is to be taken twice a day in a dose of 20 ml for the longevity of eyesight.
– Pepper Powder With Honey: Regular intake of pepper powder with honey acts as a boon for recovering the diminished vision.
– Mustard Oil or Ghee: Rubbing the soles of the feet with mustard oil or ghee regularly may be of good help.
– Mangoes: Being rich in vitamin A, Mangoes are a boon for the eyes. A regular intake of the same during the season is recommended for recovery from eyestrain.
– Rose Petals: Fresh juice extracted from properly cleaned Rose petals is believed to improve the eye vision. This can be used both for external and internal purpose.
– Herb of Liquorice: Take regularly approx. half to one-teaspoon powder of the herb of Liquorice twice daily along with cow’s milk to improve the failing vision. This is extremely beneficial for the eyes. It can also to be taken mixed with honey or ghee.