3 Natural Homemade Night Creams For Youthful Skin
Email to Your Friends
Green/White tea night cream: take beeswax and combine it with almond oil,coconut oil, Rose hip seed oil in a double boiler, allowing it to melt. Take a cup of warm water and tea, and add it to the boiler, let it cool. Olive Oil Night cream: Combine extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil and beeswax in a small saucepan. Heat it and stir. Add the oil from Vitamin E capsules.
Best Homemade Night Creams
In an ideal world, there would be no pollution, no fear of UV damage and plenty of negative ions from natural settings to keep your skin in top condition. But the reality is your skin has to put up with a lot of stress, free radicals and pollution every day. Due to this, your skin tends to lose its elasticity and firmness over time.
When awake we’re all short on time, so sleeping hours enable the ideal repair and rejuvenation period for your body, especially your skin. In fact research shows that skin cell turnover is 8 times faster during bedtime, thus making it the best time to apply facial skin care creams. Our elevated night time body temperature allows serums, creams and masks to sink deeper and get completely absorbed by the skin.
Beauty treatments work best when done in a relaxed frame of mind which is why the serene spa ambiance does wonders for our skin. Since we can’t afford a spa every time we wish to pamper our skin, sleep time is the next best! What if you can support your skin’s rejuvenation and restoration process with some homemade night creams while your mind wanders in wonderland.
White/Green Tea Night Cream
Green and White tea both are abundant in antioxidants that are effective against free radicals- formed when the skin is exposed to the UV rays, one of the leading causes of premature aging. They combat skin cancer by blocking the cancer causing harmful enzyme, help skin cell renewal and are effective in healing psoriasis and rosacea.
In cases of acnes and pimples, the compound “catechins” acts as an anti-bacterial agent reducing over-stimulation of the skin hormones.
Preparation of White/Green tea Night Cream For face
- Take 25 oz of pure beeswax and combine them with 1 oz almond oil, 1 oz coconut oil, 1 tsp of Rose hip seed oil in a double boiler, allowing it to melt.
- Meanwhile take a cup of warm water and let a packet of green/white tea seep for a few minutes. Pour this mixture to the double boiler and mix. (If you are using a tea bag, open the bag and pour in the tea leaves too)
- Once the beeswax melts let it cool for a minute or two, just enough to be able to strain through a fine sieve.
- Whip this strained mixture using a hand blender until you reach a smooth, fluffy consistency.
- Store in a cool, dark place. Avoid refrigeration as it will harden the mixture.
- The cream has a long shelf life as it contains oils.
- It will last more than a month with daily application.
- Wash face, pat dry and apply over skin in circular motions, until it is absorbed completely.
- In the morning wash off with cold water and a gentle cleanser as harsh chemicals will strip away the benefits of the night cream.
Apple Night Cream for Face
Apples are rich in vitamins A, B, C, Beta-carotene, Malic acid (an exfoliant) and are full of antioxidants essential for radiant and younger-looking skin.
Rose water soothes acne, maintains the skin’s pH balance, heals scars, regenerates skin tissues and revitalizes aging skin. It has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties and smells great!
- Cut an apple in two halves, de-seed and cut into small cubes.
- Blend them with 2 tsp of Olive oil or Grapeseed oil or Rose oil or Almond oil until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Pour it in a double boiler and mix until the mixture is warm.
- Remove from boiler and let it cool.
- After the mixture cools down add 2 tsp of rose water.
- You can add honey, cinnamon, nutmeg or turmeric to this mixture if you are suffering from acne as all these ingredients have anti-inflammatory properties and will help reduce acne.
- Go for green apples (if you can) as they have a high malic acid content.
- Put it in a sterile container and store it in your refrigerator.
- This mixture should last you for a week with daily application
- Wash face, pat dry and apply the cream on your face.
- Don’t jump in bed immediately as some particles might rub off on your pillow.
- Let it dry for a good 10 minutes before getting into bed.
- Wash off the next morning with cool water and a gentle cleanser (optional)
Olive Oil Night Cream for Face
Olive oil helps improve skin tone and reduces pigmentation. It also works as a natural skin moisturizer, delays the effects of aging on skin due to its healthy fats and antioxidants.
- Combine 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil, 1 tsp of coconut oil and 1 tsp of beeswax in a small saucepan.
- Heat on low in a double boiler stirring occasionally, until the mixture starts melting.
- Take off heat, wait until it’s cool and whip into creamy soft texture.
- You can add the oil from a couple of Vitamin E capsules into the mixture.
- Additionally a few drops of your favorite essential oil like Ylang Ylang, Lavender, Lemon, Tea Tree, Myrrh or Carrot Seed can also be added.
- Store in a sterile container in a dry place.
- The oils will generally harden unless you’re in a very humid place.
- Wash your face and pat dry before applying the cream.
- Rub in a circular motion, massaging the cream on your skin.
- Wash off the next morning with a gentle cleanser.
- Some people who have oily skin may have breakouts from the cream.
- Use it for a few days to see how your skin responds.
- It usually works very well for people with dry skin.
Disclaimer: The content is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be construed as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical or healthcare professional.