Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add finely chopped ginger, reduce heat and simmer for 5 min. Remove from heat, wait 20 min and strain. In another saucepan dissolve 1 cup granulated sugar in 1 cup boiling water. Mix 1/2 cup ginger water with 1/3 cup of the simple syrup and 1/2 cup of club soda. Add raw honey to sweeten the taste and some lime juice.
Ginger is often used by holistic medicine for treating health issues ranging from sickness to arthritis pain. Ginger ale is made from fresh or dried ginger, sugar and some lemon juice.
Does ginger reduce pain and inflammation?
Ginger has been proved very efficient in relieving muscle pain and back pain. It is also effective in diminishing the inflammation.Real ginger is abundant in natural compounds called gingerols, which have strong anti-inflammatory properties. Numerous clinical studies have found that ginger can provide significant pain relief to people who suffer with degenerative or rheumatoid arthritis and/or chronic pain in their muscles.
Ginger Ale Recipe for Pain and Inflammation
- 1 cup (200 g) peeled, finely chopped ginger
- 2 cups (450 ml) purified water
- 1 cup (225 g) sugar
- 1/2 cup (115 ml) club soda (per glass)
- A few drops of lime juice
- Lime wedges (for garnish)
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Add the ginger, which should be peeled and finely chopped.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and let the ginger sit in the simmering water for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Strain the liquid through a fine mesh strainer. Discard the ginger pieces.
- In a separate saucepan, make the simple syrup.
- Dissolve 1 cup granulated sugar into 1 cup of boiling water. Set aside.
- Mix 1/2 cup of ginger water with 1/3 cup of the simple syrup and 1/2 cup of club soda.
- Add raw organic honey to sweeten the taste and also put some lime juice.
Other Health Benefits of Ginger Ale
- Eases digestive discomfort.
- Helps relieve nausea.
- Lowers bad cholesterol and blood sugar.
- Can be used for respiratory conditions and cough.
- Reduces fever. Stimulates blood circulation.
- Cancer Prevention.
- Helps relieve cold and flu symptoms.