Super Healthy Low-Carb Cheesy Cauliflower Mash [Recipe]
Email to Your Friends
Steam or boil cut cauliflower pieces in chicken stock or water until very tender. Drain well, do not let cool. Puree cauliflower in a bowl with an immersion blender, in a food processor or potato masher. Add 3 tbs butter/ olive oil, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, garlic, sea salt and pepper until smooth and serve hot.
Yes, we love mashed potatoes and they are a comfort food that many people crave for. But what if you are trying to reduce your carb intake and need something to replace those mashed potatoes with? Or what if you simply want a super yummy cauliflower recipe?
Easy Cheesy Cauliflower Mash
Mashed cauliflower is a creamy, low-carb alternative to traditional mashed potatoes. I have served this to people that simply never liked cauliflower period. Until they tried this recipe. This dish is so versatile, so be creative with other types of ingredients – the options are endless. Also, I use chicken broth as the cooking liquid, but water is just fine. FYI, if your diet is dairy-free, you’ll be happy to know that simply whipping-up cauliflower’s natural pectin turns it creamy even without dairy.
- 1 large or two small heads of cauliflower, washed and cut into large pieces
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chicken Stock or Water to cook cauliflower
- Clean and cut cauliflower into small pieces. Steam or gently boil the cauliflower pieces in chicken stock or water until very tender. Drain well; do not let cool.
- Puree cauliflower in a bowl with an immersion blender, in a food processor or potato masher. Add in butter, Parmesan, garlic, sea salt and pepper until smooth. Serve hot.
Note: Make sure that the cauliflower is very tender – otherwise it will not blend as smoothly and you won’t have a creamy consistency.
Disclaimer: The content is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be construed as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical or healthcare professional.