8 Unhealthy Ways To Lose Weight Fast
Email to Your Friends
Zero calorie diets deprive you of healthy fats. Drugs and pills have short term impact but side effects are harmful. Take supplementation with a balanced diet and exercise. Skipping meals or purging slows down your metabolism. Excess cardio or exercise leads to more harm than good. Smoking suppresses hunger but has long term health hazards like cancer.
We tend to resort to various weight loss methods to see quick results! Some of these methods may have a negative effect on your health.
Unhealthy Ways To Lose Weight Fast
1. Zero Calorie Diet: The body needs healthy fats like unsaturated and polyunsaturated fats to burn fat. You may also tend to cut down on calories by consuming artificial sweeteners and diet drinks which can be hazardous to your health.
2. Drugs and Pills: We are tempted to try these for easy weight loss. However, they can sometimes severely damage your health. Supplements should be taken along with a balanced diet and exercise only.
3. Skipping Meals: Starving your way to weight loss is extremely unhealthy. It can slower your metabolism, cause unhealthy cravings and even make you sick.
4. Purging: This is where people satisfy their hunger cravings by consuming food and lose calories by throwing it up by methods like self-induced vomiting. This can have serious psychological effects on the person and can lead to bulimia.
5. Use of Laxatives: This is commonly used to stimulate digestion. Excessive use can weaken the digestive system and cause abdomen related disorders.
6. Smoking: Some people use smoking to suppress hunger. Smoking is known to interrupt brain signals, killing hunger. This is why most smokers don’t feel the effect after skipping meals. Long term use can damage the body and make it more susceptible to cancers.
7. Exercising Too Much: Excessive amount of exercise can lead to injuries. Extensive cardio is not going to help. Instead, include running, weight training and burst training in your schedule. The trick is to balance exercise and a balanced diet to lose weight the healthy way.
8. Fad Diets: The Annals of Internal Medicine reviewed popular weight loss programs and none of them really seemed to have evidence on how they help lose weight. Instead, consume a balanced diet.
Disclaimer: The content is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be construed as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical or healthcare professional.