Add 1 cup baking soda to a mixing bowl and break up any clumps. Add 1/4 cup citric acid to this. In a small glass, mix 1/2 tsp vinegar and 1tbsp hydrogen peroxide. Now slowing add this to the baking soda mix as mixing it all in once will cause a mess. You can add a few drops of your favorite essential oils. Scoop them on a parchment paper, let dry and use them.
In Consultation With Curejoy Expert Claude Butler:
A dirty toilet is one of the most unpleasant but also the most common sights in a place of office or residence. Harsh chemicals can clean your toilet well, but did you know you can keep your toilet clean naturally with all natural products, too? Here’s a recipe for toilet
Here’s a recipe for toilet fizzies that can help clean and eliminate smells. The best thing is you can personalize this with your favorite scents.
Makes around 30 small fizzies.
What You’ll Need
• 1 cup baking soda
• 1/4 cup citric acid
• 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
• 1 tablespoon hydrogen peroxide
• 15 to 20 drops essential oil
• Sheet pan
• Parchment paper
• Measuring spoons
• Spray bottle (optional)
1. Add the baking soda to a mixing bowl and use a fork to break up any clumps. Baking soda naturally cleans and eliminates icky odors, making it the perfect base for the fizzies.
2. Add the citric acid, or powdered produce preservative, which you can find near the canning supplies at your local grocery store, and give things a stir. The citric acid adds the oomph to these cleaners.
3. In a small glass, mix together the vinegar and hydrogen peroxide, which work together to help clean your commode. Now drop by drop, add the vinegar and hydrogen peroxide to the baking soda. If you add the liquid all at once, you’ll have a huge mess due to the reaction between the baking soda and citric acid!
4. Now add the essential oil and gently mix. Any fragrance works wonderfully, but something fresh like wintergreen, lemongrass, or lavender leaves a wonderful lingering scent.
5. Use a one-half teaspoon to scoop and mold the mixture into small half rounds and then tap onto a parchment-covered sheet pan. You can spritz the rounds with equal parts vinegar and water to create a crust, which helps hold them together. Let dry for at least four hours or overnight.
6. Place the dried fizzies in a sealable glass jar and keep next to your commode. The next time things get smelly, after flushing, drop in a tablet and you’ll love how things freshen up in no time.