How To Get Rid Of Corns On The Feet?
In consultation with Curejoy Expert Gina Hodge:
Corns on the feet can be very painful, irritating and a restless experience for many. They can occur on the top and the sides of your toes, and even in between the feet. Corns are generally a small and thickened patch of dead skin with a packed center. They are your body’s protective response to friction or pressure, caused by two toes rubbing against each other or the shoe.
What Causes Corns On The Feet?
Here are a few causes of corns on the feet:
– foot abnormalities, such as hammer toes
– bony prominences on the foot
– ill-fitting shoes, either too tight or too loose
– high-heeled shoes, that put pressure on the front of the foot
– ill-fitting socks
– walking on hard surfaces
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Corns on the Feet:
1. White Vinegar: White Vinegar is known to contain high acidity that helps soften the hard skin. It also has antifungal and antibacterial properties, that reduce the risk of any infection. First dilute the vinegar with one part vinegar and three parts of water. To apply, take a clean medicated cotton ball and dip it in white vinegar. Place the cotton on the corn without squeezing. Then, cover the area with an adhesive bandage. Leave this for 3 to 4 hours or overnight. Repeat the treatment for a few days till the corn falls of.
2. Baking Soda: Baking Soda is a natural exfoliating agent, which will remove the dead and skin and aid in the healing process. It also helps keep your skin free from any kind of infection. To apply, you can either soak your feet in a mixture of baking soda and warm water for 15 minutes, or apply it as a paste with lemon juice and water. Leave it overnight. Do this for a few days till your corn heals.
3. Ripe Banana Peel: Banana peel is rich in potassium, salicylic acid and lutein (an antioxidant). First peel a ripe banana, and store the peel in the refrigerator. Then, scrape the inner white of the banana peel and apply it on the corn. Cover this with an bandage to keep it in place. This will help you get rid of the corns on your feet.
4. Garlic: Garlic is a natural antioxidant and hence is very helpful in fighting fungal or bacterial infections. It is one of the most effective home remedies for corns. To apply, you can rub half of a garlic clove on the corn. Leave this to dry and then cover it with a bandage. You could leave this overnight, and then wash off with warm water, If done on a daily basis, your corns would vanish faster. You could also take three pods of garlic peel and crush them. Next, roast three pieces of clove and crush them in powder form. Mix both and apply it on the corn. Then, secure it with a bandage and leave it for three hours. Do this everyday for best results.
Disclaimer: The content is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be construed as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical or healthcare professional.