How To Heal Your Gut And Yourself?
Email to Your Friends
60-80% of your immune system is located in your gut. The 4R Program is an effective way to address and treat gastrointestinal dysfunction, promote gastrointestinal health and heal your gut. The 4 steps are 1. Remove toxins. 2. Replace stomach acids 3. Reinoculate beneficial bacteria 4. Repair gut wall
60-80% of your immune system is located in your gut. That’s why a properly functioning digestive system is essential to maintaining good health. Apart from your immune system, the gut is responsible for 90% of your body’s neurotransmitters (they help regulate mood).
GI tract issues have been linked to conditions like hormonal imbalances, autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and hashimotos thyroiditis, diabetes, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, anxiety, depression, eczema and rosacea.
The 4R Program to promote gastrointestinal health, developed by Jeffrey Bland, Ph.D. and his associates at the Functional Medicine Institute, is an extremely effective way to address and treat gastrointestinal dysfunctions and promote gastrointestinal health.
4 Steps To Heal Your Gut Naturally
- Food allergens, sensitivities, or reactions
- Toxins in food
- Chronic low-grade infections in the gut (e.g., yeast and parasites)
- Gastric irritants (like caffeine, alcohol, and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs)
- Stomach acid (or stimulate stomach acid with bitters)
- Digestive enzymes
- Restore beneficial bacteria to reestablish a healthy balance of microflora in the gut. (eg: adding probiotics)
- Provide nutrients to heal the gut wall or lining.
- Support the immune functioning of the gut.
Disclaimer: The content is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be construed as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical or healthcare professional.