Armpit Detox: Natural Ways Of Cleansing Armpits
To make an armpit cleanse: add 4 drops of Rosemary and Lavender essential oils and 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to a 2 oz bottle, fill with water. Shake this, spray on both armpits before going to bed, leave it on overnight. Repeat this. You may need to wash your armpits during the first 2-3 days, but your body will respond to the detox after 5 days.
A daily smear of chemicals under your arms that intentionally clog pores is probably a bad idea, but that’s exactly what most people do. They smear a host of chemicals to make themselves smell ‘good’. But the results hardly last all day and may take frequent re-applying depending on the sweat level of the person. Hence, for healthy armpits, free from chemical smear, you need a natural armpit detox.
According to the Breast Cancer Awareness Fund, commercial deodorants contain these ingredients that may cause cancer:
- Triclosan can affect hormones and could be linked to breast cancer.
- Phthalates are endocrine disrupters, which interfere with the body’s hormone function and also are linked to breast cancer, although the studies have only fueled controversy.
- Parabens have been found in breast cancer biopsies and are known to be absorbed into the skin. They also disrupt hormones and mimic natural estrogens, a cause of breast cancer.
[Read: Do Deodorants cause Breast Cancer?]
You can avoid this by using natural deodorants and create an armpit detox which will help your body get back to its natural state of clean perspiration faster, flush out the old bacteria and chemical residue.
How To Get Rid Of Armpit Odor (Simple Detox Recipe)?
Natural Armpit Detox Ingredients
This helps in switching to natural deodorant. It is nontoxic in nature and helps in effective armpit detox.
- 1 tablespoon organic apple cider vinegar
- Filtered water
- 4 drops Rosemary essential oil
- 4 drops Lavender essential oil
- 2 ounce spray bottle
- Add essential oils and one tablespoon of ACV to a 2 oz bottle, fill with water.
- Before going to bed, give the bottle a gentle shake and spray on both arm pits overnight.
- Next day, repeat the process. You may need to wash your armpits several times during the first 2 or 3 days but that will be short lived, you should see your body respond to the armpit detox reasonably well after 5 days.
Disclaimer: The content is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be construed as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical or healthcare professional.