8 Home Remedies To Get Rid Of A Double Chin Naturally
Email to Your Friends
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Double Chin
Double chin makes us look old and overweight. Our Age, genes, and obesity are some major causes of a double chin. Clinicians may suggest surgical procedures, which are not only expensive, but also painful. Moreover, they involve consuming prescription drugs that have an adverse effect on the body. Here are some simple, natural and inexpensive methods to get rid of the unsightly double chin.
Double chin is a noticeable feature in most people who are overweight. It is a hard-to-conceal feature except when covered by wearing a turtle neck shirt or a scarf. Some double chins are so prominent that you don’t know where the face ends and the neck begins. It is caused by the extra layer of fatty tissue under the chin and is often attributed to being overweight. Age is another factor that can cause the skin under the chin to sag due to the loss of skin elasticity. In some people, it can be genetic. Using cosmetics or clothing to hide a double chin is not a permanent solution.
Whatever may be the reason behind your jowls, you can get rid of them in natural and simple methods. A healthy lifestyle, simple exercises, and easy home remedies can help you eliminate double chin. Though surgical procedures can get rid of a double chin, they can be expensive. Here are some painless, inexpensive and natural home remedies to lose the unsightly double chin.
1. Wheat Germ Oil
Regular massage of the neck and double chin area using wheat germ oil is an effective way to get rid of a double chin. Wheat germ oil contains vitamin E that nourishes and helps tighten the skin. Before you go to bed, rub some wheat germ oil gently around the chin area.
- Gently massage in an upward motion from the bottom of the neck to the tip of the chin for 15 minutes.
- Leave the oil on your skin overnight.
- Regular massage for a month or so will show a noticeable reduction of the double chin.
2. Egg White
A mask prepared using egg white can help in reducing a double chin. Egg white has a skin tightening effect and is good for skin health.
- Break two eggs, discard the yolk and whisk the egg white.
- Add one tablespoon each of milk, honey and lemon juice.
- Add a few drops of peppermint essential oil.
- Apply this mask to the skin around your chin and neck area.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes, wash it with lukewarm water and pat dry the skin.
3. Chew Gum
Keeping the facial muscles toned and exercising the muscles around the jaw can help to get rid of a double chin. A simple and effective method to do this is to chew sugarless gum. Sugar-free chewing gum not only helps exercise the jaw and chin muscles but also helps you maintain healthy teeth and gums.
A natural mask prepared using glycerin is also a good technique to eliminate a double chin.
- Mix one tablespoon of glycerin, half a tablespoon of Epsom salt and a few drops of peppermint oil.
- Using a cotton pad, gently apply it on the neck and chin area.
- Leave it on for 20-30 minutes to ensure that it is absorbed into the skin.
- Finally, wash the mask away using warm or cool water. Repeat this technique at least thrice a week to see a noticeable difference.
5. Cocoa Butter
Using cocoa butter regularly improves the elasticity of the skin, thereby preventing the skin from sagging. Skin sagging and loss of skin elasticity is one of the main causes of a double chin.
- Warm a few tablespoons of cocoa butter and gently massage it on your neck and double chin.
- Keep it on for at least half-an-hour.
- Doing this twice a day, before a bath in the morning and before going to bed at night will show a considerable reduction of the double chin.
Chin exercises are effective in stretching and toning the face, neck, and jaw muscles. This helps you in getting rid of your double chin. A simple, yet effective exercise involves gently turning your head clockwise and then anti-clockwise while keeping your spine straight all along. Repeat this exercise 5-10 times thrice a day for a few weeks until you notice a difference.
Here is another exercise.
- Keeping your spine erect, slowly tilt your head as far back as you can.
- Stare at the ceiling, pucker up your lips into a pout and retain this position for five counts and then release. We know, it looks funny!
- Repeat this exercise 5-10 times and continue every day for a few weeks.
7. Green Tea
Green tea helps you get rid of water retention that could be the cause of your double chin. Caffeine actually prevents water retention because of its diuretic properties. Even if your double chin is because of excessive weight, green tea is still effective as it can also help shed this extra fat by boosting your metabolism. Green tea contains comparatively low levels of caffeine but has high levels of the amino acid L-theanine, both of which can help in weight loss and double chin reduction.
Melons contain up to 95% of water, which soothes the skin. They are rich in vitamins, proteins, phosphorus, and calcium. Its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and anti-aging properties fight free radicals thereby preventing skin sagging. Vitamin A present in melons prevent the formation of free radicals and keeps the skin looking young. Its vitamin B is also a perfect skin toner and makes the skin supple.
- Make a bowl of melon juice using a blender.
- Apply the melon juice evenly to the double chin using a cotton pad.
- Allow this to stay on the double chin about 20 minutes and rinse with water.
- Repeat this twice or thrice a day for effective results.
Disclaimer: The content is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be construed as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical or healthcare professional.