Home Remedies For Wrinkles Under Eyes
To remove under-eye wrinkles, use oils like avocado, olive, coconut, and castor; fruits like pineapple, papaya, grapes, and avocado; and herbs like fenugreek, aloe vera, and rosemary. Some of these boost collagen and elastin to keep the skin firm, while the others lock in moisture and fight free radical damage with vitamins A, C, E, and K and other antioxidants. Milk, yogurt, and finely ground coffee beans also help. Also use a good sunscreen and quit smoking.
Before you lose sleep over your under-eye wrinkles, let us tell you that most of these wrinkles are laughter lines. So think of your wrinkles as well earned with happiness. Some wrinkles under the eyes are inevitable as we age. This area anyway has less collagen and elastin, and beyond 20, our skin produces less collagen and elastin, which makes it fragile and loose. It also loses chemicals called glycosaminoglycans (GAGs) which keep it moist.
Wear a broad-spectrum sunscreeen that saves you from the harmful UV rays, clean your face regularly, and quit smoking.
If you have a healthy lifestyle and diet – one that is rich in the skin vitamins A, C, E, and K and other antioxidants – the appearance of age-related wrinkles isn’t that pronounced. But it is external factors like sun exposure, pollution, and tobacco smoking that hit your skin and your already fragile under-eye area harder. During the day, wear a broad-spectrum sunscreeen that saves you from the harmful UV rays. Adopt a skin-cleansing and moisturizing regimen. And, we can’t stress this enough, quit smoking.
Rather than resorting to fancy and expensive under-eye creams that are loaded with chemicals, try these 19 natural remedies to remove wrinkles under the eyes.
1. Coffee Bean
Who doesn’t love the aroma of freshly ground coffee beans? Coffee is not only an amazing stimulant but also has excellent skin-benefiting properties. The fruits of the coffee plant (Coffea arabica) has a powerful antioxidant activity which can reduce the damage caused by free radicals to your skin. This means it can improve fine lines, wrinkles, uneven pigmentation, and overall appearance of the skin.
DIY Coffee Bean Pack
- Use finely ground coffee bean powder so that it doesn’t damage your skin.
- Mix this with equal amount of cocoa.
- Make a paste by mixing with a bit of honey.
- Apply on your face and neck and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Use a soft towel to pat your skin dry after washing.
2. Coconut Oil
Applying coconut oil on to wrinkles will give your skin that much-needed moisture boost. Being packed with vitamin E and essential antioxidants, coconut oil works wonders with skin rehydration and rejuvenation. A good way to allow coconut oil to seep into your skin pores is by massaging it gently onto your face. Leaving it overnight on your skin will reduce fine lines and wrinkles while keeping it hydrated too.
DIY Coconut Oil And Turmeric Mask
- Mix 1 tablespoon of coconut oil with a pinch of turmeric powder.
- Apply the paste on the wrinkles and leave on for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with water.
- You may use almond oil, eucalyptus oil, or chamomile oil with coconut oil to treat face and neck wrinkles.
3. Olive Oil
While olive oil adds great flavor to your cooking, it’s also a wonderful remedy for eye bags and wrinkles. Its high vitamin E and K content along with protective antioxidants delays premature aging of your skin. The skin around the eyes can lose moisture soon. Olive oil when applied around the eyes locks moisture within and keeps your skin supple. To revive your skin’s youthful glow, mix a few drops of lemon in it while massaging the face.
DIY Olive Oil Face Massage
- Apple some olive oil directly on your skin and massage gently for 10 minutes.
- Leave it on for a few minutes.
- Rinse with water and pat dry.
- Repeat regularly.
The milky goodness of yogurt has made it an important part of our diet in the form of desserts, smoothies, and salads. But yogurt is also a rich source of lactic acid and alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA). AHAs help exfoliate dead skin cells and delay fine lines and wrinkles under the eye too. Make yogurt a part of your regular skin care routine and you will find out why it is one of the best natural home remedies for wrinkles under the eyes.
DIY Yogurt Face Pack
- 1 tbsp yogurt
- 1 tsp honey
- A few drops of rose water
Make a paste of the ingredients and leave it on your face for 20 minutes. Rinse off to unravel clear and radiant skin.
Seedless or not, a small bunch of grapes definitely packs a punch, nutrition-wise. Resveratrol, a unique antioxidant in the grape skin, is known to have amazing benefits in delaying eye wrinkles.
DIY Grape Face Mask
- 5 grapes
- 1 tsp of honey or yogurt
Mash the grapes and add the yogurt or honey while mixing in a bowl and apply it on the face. Wash it away with lukewarm water to reveal a refreshed face.
Now you know grapes don’t just belong to wines or desserts but can be even used as a remedy for removing wrinkles under the eye.
6. Aloe Vera
The gentle and effective skin repair properties of aloe vera gel make it one of the best natural home remedies for under-eye wrinkles. Being rich in vitamins C, E, and beta-carotene, which is a precursor to vitamin A, it nourishes and soothes sensitive skin while keeping it supple and young. It can be applied directly on the skin or mixed with turmeric or honey for added benefits. Its excellent hydration properties, along with its ability to revive elasticity of the skin, help improve under-eye bags and wrinkles.
DIY Aloe Vera Face Pack
- Mix aloe vera gel, yogurt, and cucumber juice in the ratio of 2:1:4.
- Apply on your skin and massage in circular motion for 10 minutes.
- Leave for 20 minutes before rinsing with water.
7. Milk Powder
Milk powder is filled with lactic acid, which is a natural alpha-hydroxy acid. AHAs are the best at exfoliating dead skin cells and enhancing your skin’s collagen levels. This means milk is not just good for your bones but also for your skin.
DIY Milk Powder Face Pack
- 1 tbsp milk powder
- 1 tsp honey/rose water
Mix them in a bowl and apply onto the face. Rinse with lukewarm water after 20 minutes.
Your eyes love the coolness of a cucumber. Thanks to its high antioxidant content, cucumber hydrates the skin, boosts collagen, and increases elastin – features that are great for combating wrinkles.
DIY Cucumber Mask
- Apply cucumber puree with a little yogurt (for smoother application) on your eyes.
- Let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Wash off with cool water.
- Repeat this once or twice a week.
9. Pineapple Juice
Pineapples contain a compound known as bromelain which helps to fight and prevent wrinkles. Bromelain is also a natural AHA that helps to remove dead cells.
DIY Pineapple Face Mask
- Massage pineapple juice under your eyes.
- Rinse with water after 15 minutes.
- You could do this several times a week.
10. Cleaning With Cool Water
Cool water has a milder effect on the skin. Washing your eyes and face with cool water slows down aging and improves blood circulation. Keep in mind the water just needs to be cool and not very cold, otherwise, it could hurt the capillaries in your skin. Also, your skin loves to be hydrated from within as well, so drink up those 8 glasses of water daily!
11. Papaya And Honey
Using papaya and honey for the eyes and face is an age-old remedy to improve skin texture and health. Papain, the unique papaya protein, is known to reduce scars and even the skin tone as well. And honey has the ability to lock in moisture.
- Simply mash up papaya with honey.
- Apply it on your eyes and all over your face.
- Wash it off after 20 minutes.
Fenugreek is another ancient remedy to treat any skin-related issues, especially fine lines around the eyes.
- Make a paste of mashed fenugreek leaves and water.
- Apply the paste on and around your eyes.
- Rinse it off after 10 minutes.
Ginger has a truckload of benefits for the skin. It slows down aging, promotes an even skin tone, and increases radiance. Try to eat a piece of ginger with a tablespoon of honey daily to reap its skin benefits. It’s best not to apply ginger on your skin. It will produce a strong burning sensation.
Bananas are loaded with vitamins A, C, and E. This makes everybody’s favorite fruit beneficial for the skin in terms of improving skin texture and slowing down aging.
- Mash up a banana and rub it gently onto your eyes.
- Wash it off after 15 minutes.
Most of us grew up listening to our parents saying carrots are great for the skin. And it’s true! Carrots are high in nutrients (especially vitamin A, the essential anti-aging vitamin) and antioxidants that can reduce wrinkles and smoothen out the skin.
- Boil a few pieces of carrot to make it soft.
- Mix it with honey.
- Apply the mixture on your eyes.
- Wash off after 10 minutes.
Almonds are extremely rich in vitamin E and omega-3 fats. These make it useful to protect the skin from damage and prevent early signs of aging. Almonds make a perfect snack between meals, so make sure to munch up! Almond oil is also a great option to apply directly on the skin.
17. Castor Oil
Castor oil has been found to increase collagen and elastin production. It moisturizes the skin and improves blood circulation.
- Dip a cotton ball in castor oil and massage it gently around your eyes.
- Let it stay overnight.
- Wash it off when you wake up.
Rosemary is a skin-friendly herb. The compounds present in rosemary stimulate blood circulation, increase elasticity, and decrease fine lines. They can also reduce puffy eyes and redness. Make sure to add rosemary to your dishes. Another option is to apply rosemary oil (with a carrier oil of your choice) on your face.
Avocado is rich in vitamins (especially A and E) that boost skin health. It moisturizes and protects the skin. It also increases collagen and elastin production.
- Mash up an avocado.
- Apply it on your face.
- Wash it off after 20 minutes with cool water.
- Or apply avocado oil on your face.
Include these natural home remedies in your skin care routine as early as possible to get rid of wrinkles under the eyes and reveal skin that’s youthful.
- 10 Natural Remedies To Reduce Melanin Production And Fix Uneven Skin
- 10 Home Remedies To Treat Genital Warts Naturally
- 7 Natural Home Remedies With Witch Hazel For Skin
- 6 Causes of Itchy Armpits And Easy Home Remedies
- 7 Simple Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Warts Naturally
- 5 Effective Ayurvedic Beauty Tips For Healthy Glowing Skin