15 Herbs For Liver Health And Detoxification
Email to Your Friends
The liver is responsible for vital bodily functions including detoxification, metabolism, circulation and hormonal balance. The best way to maintain liver health is through a well-balanced nutritious diet. Given here is a list of herbs that, when consumed every day, can benefit the liver functioning in multiple ways.
The liver performs many crucial functions in our body like detoxification and metabolism. It also regulates, filters, and stores blood. But gradually, the liver can become “sluggish” due to over work. This mainly affects the thyroid, sleep, memory, body weight, and other bodily functions.
Important Herbs For Detoxification
In this article, we give you 15 herbs that can keep your liver healthy and strong.
Ginger works very well as an anti-inflammatory agent. It helps detoxify the body by removing excess toxins from the body. It also maintains good circulation in the body.
This is one of the best anti-oxidants. It promotes the liver for detoxification by removing all impurities from the body. It also maintains blood circulation in the body.
Mushroom has the ability to move excess toxins from the body. It also boosts our immune system.
Seaweeds is a powerful food that helps in liver functioning. It also protects the body from cancer and harmful radiations. Seaweed removes excess toxins as well.
Broccoli is good for the body as it helps remove free radicals from the body. It is a good anti-inflammatory and also detoxifies impurities and toxins from the body.
6. Brussels Sprouts
Brussels is an important anti-inflammatory. It helps boost the immune system and removes the toxins from the body.
Avocados boost the magnesium levels in the body and are a vital source of good fats and proteins that the liver needs to adequately function during a detox.
Coconuts are anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and anti-oxidant. They play an important role in removing toxins from the body.
9. Burdock Root
Burdock root is a blood cleanser as it removes impurities from the body. It also removes all free radicals from the body and helps in improving digestion.
10. Green Tea
Green tea is a good anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory. It helps to expel toxins from the body and supports the liver for proper functioning.
11. Milk Thistle
Milk thistle is also known as silymarin. It is important for liver functioning as it helps block toxins from penetrating into cells and removes them from the body.
Echinacea is a good booster for the immune system. It is a very effective herb for the liver. It also helps in fighting infections such as skin inflammations, coughs, tonsillitis, and other general infections.
Bhringraj can regenerate liver cells. It is helpful in the treatment of liver disease, fatty liver, and liver damage. It also removes excessive toxins from the body.
14. Bhumi Amla
Bhumi amla is a herb that is very effective in the treatment of hepatitis B and other forms of hepatitis. It is a good remedy for liver and kidney failure. It removes toxins from the body, regenerates liver cells, and helps in liver functioning.
Also known as chicory, this herb can help cure liver and kidney ailments. It also helps in purifying the blood as it removes toxins from the body.
These herbs are extremely important for the liver to carry out all of its functions.
Functions Of The Liver
- Circulation: The liver stores and helps in regulating blood. It is thus responsible for nourishing the body.
- Excretion: Liver helps in the formation and secretion of bile and is thus useful in digestion and cleansing of the blood. It also helps remove ammonia from the blood.
- Metabolism: It helps in the metabolism of proteins, lipids, carbohydrates, minerals, and vitamins.
- Protection and detoxification: It has an active role in natural detoxification and removes impurities from the blood.
- Production: It plays an important role in the formation of serum albumin, glycogen, urea, and blood coagulating proteins such as prothrombin, heparin, and fibrinogen.
- Regulation of hormones: Estrogen and androgen are both growth hormones that stimulate cell division. Improper liver function could elevate these hormones in the blood, which may lead to abnormal growths such as ovarian cysts, uterine fibroids, endometriosis, breast cancer, breast cysts, and prostate cancer. Excessive estrogen may cause painful menstruation.
[Next Read: Liver-Friendly Foods]
Disclaimer: The content is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be construed as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical or healthcare professional.