Turmeric And Ashwagandha: Herbs That Can Cure Alzheimer's Naturally
Alzheimer's has been associated with the formation of destructive beta amyloid protein plaques and clumps in the brain. Curcumin inhibits the formation of such plaques and clumps, and may even help break them up. Ashwagandha boosts a protein in the liver, which enters the blood stream and helps clear amyloid from the brain. It is known to reverse memory loss and improve cognitive abilities.
Alzheimer’s disease is currently at epidemic proportions, with almost 6 million Americans diagnosed and living with the disease, according to the Alzheimer’s Association. With no known cure and a terminal prognosis, Alzheimer’s disease is characterized by degeneration and death of brain cells, leading to a progressive and permanent loss of both intellectual and social skills. It has been associated with the formation of destructive beta amyloid protein plaques and clumps in the brain that contribute to the degradation of wiring in brain cells. Ultimately, it also leads to premature death.
From India’s ancient Ayurvedic medicinal heritage, arrives new hope for this disorder. Turmeric and Ashwagandha, highly respected as rejuvenative herbs, improve blood circulation and inhibit stagnation of blood – factors thought to be key to many degenerative conditions according to Eastern philosophy.
Turmeric For Alzheimer’s Diseases
Curcumin, a key compound found in turmeric, offers multiple health benefits for the brain and holds specific potential to prevent and cure Alzheimer’s disease due to the following reasons:
- Curcumin has been found to be more effective in inhibiting the formation of protein fragments than many other potential Alzheimer’s treatments
- The low molecular weight and polar structure of curcumin allows it to penetrate the blood-brain barrier effectively and bind to beta amyloid.
- Curcumin has been found to be effective in breaking up existing plaques.
- Curcumin has been found to be effective in stopping protein clumping – often the first step in brain diseases such as Parkinson’s disease
- Alzheimer’s symptoms caused by inflammation and oxidation are eased by curcumin’s powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Ashwagandha For Alzheimer’s Diseases
Ashwagandha extract has been studied primarily as an adaptogenic herb for its ability to help the body withstand stress.
- Ashwagandha has been found to be effective in reducing amyloid plaques; rather than impacting the brain directly, the herb boosts a protein in the liver, which enters the bloodstream and helps clear amyloid from the brain.
- Researchers at the National Brain Research Centre (NBRC) suggest that Ashwagandha extract may reverse memory loss and improve cognitive abilities in those with the disease. This is based on studies conducted on mice with Alzheimer’s, who were unable to learn or retain what they learned. After receiving Ashwagandha for 20 days, this improved significantly. After 30 days, the behavior of the mice returned to normal.
Disclaimer: The content is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be construed as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical or healthcare professional.