Process congealed ground flax seeds (2 tbsp), 1/3 cup cocoa, 1 cup almond flour, 1 cup mashed avocado, 1tsp each vanilla extract and baking soda, 1/4 cup coconut flour, sea salt, 1/2tsp baking powder and 1 cup dates. Add 1/3 cup walnuts. Bake at 350F for 30 mins. Ice with 1/2 cup cashew butter, 4tbsp maple syrup, 2tbsp cocoa powder, 1/2tsp vanilla extract, and 2tbsp orange juice.
Yes these brownies are good for you, chocked full of healthy fats, pure cocoa, and protein, you could eat these fudgy avocado brownies for breakfast!
- 1 cup mashed avocado (approx 2 avocados)
- 1 cup medjool dates, pit removed
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed mixed in 4 tbsp water
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- In a bowl pour boiling water over dates and allow to sit for a hour.
- In a small bowl mix flax seed and 4 tablespoons water allow to sit for a few minutes to congeal.
- In a food processor mix all ingredients except walnuts and coconut oil together until combined.
- Add in walnuts and pulse.
- Grease an 8×8 square pan with coconut oil and spoon mixture into pan.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Mix icing ingredients in a bowl and ice brownies.
- Store in the fridge.