17 Health Benefits Of Guava Leaves And Its Tea
Email to Your Friends
Guava leaf tea is a great source of Vitamin A, C, potassium, lycopene and fiber. To make the tea just boil a few leaves in water for 10-15 mins, filter and drink. It can help lose weight, prevent diabetes, lower LDL levels, relieves congestion and soothes the stomach. Guava leaf paste can prevent acne, blackheads, strengthen hair and slower signs of aging.
Guava is a rich source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Potassium, Lycopene and Fiber. Here are 17 benefits of guava for hair, skin and overall health. To make guava tea: Add a handful of leaves in water, boil for 10-15 mins, filter and drink.
1. Weight Loss: Guava leaf tea has a distinct property of avoiding carbohydrates from being converted into sugar, avoiding weight gain.
2. Blood Glucose Levels: Guava leaf tea can lower blood glucose levels without creating a spike in insulin production. Making it beneficial for people suffering from diabetes.
3. Lower LDL: The tea also helps lowers LDL (Low density lipoprotein), which is bad cholesterol without having any effect on HDL (High density lipoprotein) levels.
4. Stops Diarrhea: Guava leaf tea is antimicrobial in nature and is effective against diarrhea and dysentery.
5. Stomach Soother: The same antimicrobial properties can help relieving stomach pain and uneasiness that occurs during food poisoning.
6. Relieves Congestion: The tea can work help cope with bronchitis and cough.
7. Oral Health: Simply chewing on some guava leaves can help prevent inflamed gums, toothache and oral soreness.
8. Helps Cope with Dengue: Guava leaf tea works like papaya leaves to help cope with symptoms of dengue.
9. Prostate Cancer: The tea can slow down or avoid prostate enlargement and reduce the chances of cancer.
10. Aids Fertility: Likewise the prevention of enlargement can increase fertility in men.
11. Treat Wounds: Crushed guava leaves can be used to avoid cuts and wounds from getting infected.
12. Anti-Allergic: Can prevent allergic reactions, just apply crushed leaves on itchy skin and this will reduce the irritation.
13. Treat Insect Bites: Crushed leaves can be used to sooth insect bites instantly.
14. Treat Acne: The leaves contain Vitamin C which helps fight acne and pimple build up.
15. Blackhead Remover: Blend a few guava leaves with water and use the paste as a mask to remove blackheads.
16. Anti-Aging: A similar but thicker mask can be used to eliminate any signs of aging.
17. Strengthens Hair: Boil guava leaves in water, cool it and massage on scalp. This strengthens hair and prevents hair fall.
Read more here – 17 Health Benefits Of Guava Leaves For Skin, Hair and Health
Disclaimer: The content is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be construed as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical or healthcare professional.