How To Use Ginger For Common Cold And Cough
Email to Your Friends
Ginger is one of the key medicines of Ayurvedic treatment and can be used in many ways to treat various kinds of ailments, including common cold and cough. Some of the common ways to use it is in the form of tea or juice.
Ginger acts as a cough suppressant. It also acts as an antihistamine, decongestant, and a natural antiviral that helps to fight against the illness and bacteria that cause cold and its symptoms. It works for both adults and children.
How To Use Ginger As A Cure
- Cut 10 grams of ginger into small pieces or slices.
- Boil these pieces in a cup of water until it reaches the boiling point.
- Strain the tea and drink it twice a day.
Ginger Lemon Juice and Honey
- Take a 3-inch piece of fresh ginger and chop it finely.
- Add 1/2 cup of lemon juice, 2 tbsp of honey, and 2 cups of boiling water to a container.
- Stir it well and then cover the container with a plastic wrap for about 10 minutes.
- Strain and drink.
Ginger With Cinnamon
Cinnamon acts as antiseptic that helps to kill the virus causing cold in your body. It also soothes sore throat and promotes sweating to clear the cold and its symptoms.
- Add 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon to the ginger, lemon, and honey tea.
- Mix it well and drink.
Apart from these, you can also include ginger in your diet in either the raw or cooked form to relieve you from many health problems like cold, cough, fever, etc.
Disclaimer: The content is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be construed as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical or healthcare professional.