These are the warning signs of Prostate Cancer: Difficulty initiating and passing urine, including a slow or weak stream, or the urge to urinate more often, especially at night. Pain while urinating or ejaculation. Blood in the urine (hematuria). Trouble getting an erection (impotence). Deep bone pain in the hips, back (spine) and weakness/numbness in legs or feet.
Curejoy Expert Dr.Janardhana Hebbar Explains:
Prostate cancer is one of the most silent cancers producing few or close to no symptoms in the earlier stages. Detection through blood tests to look for prostate-specific antigen (PSA) and digital rectal exam (DRE) are normally the only ways to diagnose this cancer early.
By the time symptoms occur the cancer would have mostly spread beyond the prostate. If you have any of the following symptoms, consult your physician immediately:
- Difficulty initiating and passing urine, including a slow or weak stream, or the urge to urinate more often, especially at night.
- Pain while urinating or ejaculation.
- Blood in the urine (hematuria)
- Trouble getting an erection (impotence)
- Deep bone pain in the hips, back (spine) and weakness/numbness in legs/feet.
Since most of these symptoms also manifest from other causes like benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) or prostatitis (enlargement or inflammation of prostate), chances of you getting a clean chit on the cancer are still possible. So enroll expert advice and guidance quickly.
The pain in the hips or spine is a more telling sign of cancer as it spreads to the vertebrae and skeletal structure. Do not wait if you experience numbness in your legs or pain in your hips and consult medical services immediately.
- 8 Myths About Prostate Cancer You Always Believed.
- Superfoods That Are Great For Prostate.
- Your Prostate – What Your Physician Probably Didn’t Know.