DIY Natural Cough Drops To Fight The Winter Flu
Email to Your Friends
Boil 2 ½ cups of water. Add herbs like chamomile, eucalyptus leaves, licorice root, slippery elm and mullein to water and stir. Pour into a mesh strainer, add 2 cups honey. Add this mix to a candy thermometer and boil to 300 degrees. Cool in a candy mold and form balls. Cool on a parchment paper, wrap in waxed paper and store in a container for use.
When the winter flu sets in, the next thing you know is a heavy cold and cough. Instead of reaching for over the counter medications and cough drops that are packed with sugar, stick to natural homemade organic remedies. Here’s how you could make natural cough drops.
DIY Cough Drops Recipe
- 2 cups organic honey
- 2 1/2 cups filtered water
- 1 teaspoon slippery elm
- 1 teaspoon licorice root
- 1 teaspoon eucalyptus leaves
- 1 teaspoon chamomile
- 1 teaspoon mullein
You might require to use tools like waxed paper, parchment paper, candy mold, candy thermometer, fine mesh strainer and medium sauce pan.
- Start with boiling 2 1/2 cups of water.
- Add all the herbs to the boiling water and keep stirring. Pour this mix through a mesh strainer, add honey.
- Next, boil this mix and add to a candy thermometer. Do this till it reaches 300 degrees.
- Cool this mix in a silicon candy mold. When it’s accessible without burning your hand, form them into balls.
- Cool these balls on a parchment paper, which might take some time.
- Wrap in waxed paper, store in a sealed container and use.
You could also flavor with cinnamon and lemon rinds.
Read more here – How To Make Your Very Own All Organic, Natural Cough Drops
Disclaimer: The content is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be construed as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical or healthcare professional.