How to Detox With Apple Cider Vinegar Diet?
Email to Your Friends
Dissolve cinnamon, cayenne, honey, and lemon in hot water (stir well). Add apple cider vinegar to mixture. Consume right away for a hot tea, or cool and store in airtight jar for an iced detox beverage ready at any time. This will detox your body, reduce intensity of your cravings, make you feel fuller after a meal and ensure you eat fewer calories at subsequent meals.
Curejoy Expert Dipti Mothay Explains:
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) is very versatile and has many all-natural uses in food, household cleaning and health. Apple cider vinegar hasn’t been well-studied in terms of its potential for weight loss. Small studies have shown that consuming vinegar before or during meals may help people feel fuller after the meal and eat fewer calories at subsequent meals, according to a review article published in “Medscape General Medicine” in 2006. However, not all studies have shown the same effects.
Following the apple cider vinegar diet means drinking up to a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar mixed with a glass of water before each meal. In addition, dieters skip snacks and eat moderately sized portions. The vinegar is supposed to make the dieter feel less hungry and make it easier to avoid snacking.
Apple Cider Vinegar Detox Drink
This recipe makes: 4-8 cups
- 2 glasses of water (15-30 oz.)
- 4 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 4 Tbsp. honey (raw honey if possible)
- Dissolve cinnamon, cayenne, honey, and lemon in hot water (stir well).
- Add apple cider vinegar to mixture. Consume right away for a hot tea, or cool and store in airtight jar for an iced detox beverage ready at any time.
- The beverage will be rather concentrated, so drink small cups or mix in water if it is too strong for your liking. It will last for up to a week in the refrigerator.
Potential Adverse Effects
Drinking apple cider vinegar isn’t risk-free. It can irritate your throat and stomach, and if you drink large amounts for an extended time it could also cause potassium deficiency.
Disclaimer: The content is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be construed as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical or healthcare professional.