Tangy Cucumber Salad To Restore pH Balance
Email to Your Friends
Slice 2 cucumbers into a bowl. Add 1/4 cup of chopped scallions. Use a peeler to add long strips of 2 med carrots. Add 3 tbsp of toasted sesame oil, juice of 2 limes, 2 tbsp of freshly grated ginger, 1 tbsp black sesame seeds and mix thoroughly. This healthy salad, with alkaline properties of cucumber and health benefits of ginger, helps offset a highly acidic diet.
This is a very healthy snack or side dish. Cucumbers are one of the most alkaline vegetables, which help offset the highly acidic American diet. Ginger is good for digestion, for those with IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) or other GI (gastrointestinal disorders) issues.
- 2 large cucumbers
- 2 medium purple or orange carrots
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons of freshly grated ginger
- Juice of 2 limes
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- Slice the 2 cucumbers into a bowl.
- Add the chopped scallions.
- Use a vegetable peeler to peel long strips of the carrots into the bowl.
- Add the oil, lime juice, ginger, and sesame seeds.
- Mix thoroughly.
Disclaimer: The content is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be construed as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical or healthcare professional.