Coconut oil is soothing and rich in texture. It helps lubricate and moisturize your vaginal area, without any side effects or irritation. It is devoid of harsh chemicals and can be used as a natural lubricant. You can apply it directly to the affected area or consume in the form of pills after consultation with your doctor.
Vaginal dryness can occur at any age but is more common in older women. When your hormones slow down, you’ll feel changes happening in your lady bits. Estrogen, an essential hormone, is responsible for a healthy development and maintenance of your vagina. Reduced estrogen can lead to dryness, discomfort, and pain.
Causes Of Vaginal Dryness
- Vaginal dryness is mostly seen during menopause or after childbirth.
- Certain medications used to treat uterine fibroid or harsh chemicals in your feminine wash or soap can cause vaginal dryness.
- Mental health can also have an impact on your vaginal health. Depression, anxiety, and stress can lead to a dry vagina.
- Radiation or chemotherapy treatment
- Surgical removal of the ovaries
Coconut Oil For Vaginal Dryness
Coconut oil is one of the most effective remedies for vaginal dryness. Also, consuming flaxseeds and foods rich in fatty acids can help counter this problem, but slowly. Applying coconut oil can be quick and effective. Coconut oil helps lubricate and moisturize your vaginal area, without any side effects or irritation of any kind. It is devoid of harsh chemicals and can be used as a lubricant too.
You can either apply coconut oil directly to the area or consume in the form of pills daily.
Other Benefits Of Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is soothing and rich in texture. It is used in cooking. It also has powerful anti microbial properties which makes it effective to treat against dandruff, eczema and other problems. Coconut oil also soothes itchiness, bringing you relief.