Homemade Organic Butter Recipe
Email to Your Friends
Not all the kinds of butter available in the grocery stores are healthy as most of them are made from pasteurized milk. But this doesn’t mean you’ve to stop consuming butter completely. You always have the option of making organic butter at home.
Homemade butter is much more healthier as it contains vitamin (A) and minerals found in raw milk. The vitamin A content is beneficial for your eyes, skin, tissues, membranes, and teeth. It also plays a role in gene transcription and is also rich in fatty acids, which can protect you from cancer.
All you need to make organic butter at home is 2 cups of organic heavy cream and sea salt to taste.
- Process the cream in a food processor for about 10 minutes.
- Don’t stop processing whet it turns into a thick whipped cream, but continue until the water separates from the butter.
- Now, drain all the water from it.
- Place your butter into a colander and strain the liquid again.
- Rinse the butter with cold water, gently turning it with a spoon while the cold water runs over it until the water runs clear.
- When the butter is clean, squeeze more liquid from the butter using wooden paddles or spoons; this helps to smash the butter and remove the liquid.
- Mix some salt in it and keep it in a jar or bowl. Store this in the fridge or freezer.
This type of organic butter can last for several months before going bad.
Disclaimer: The content is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be construed as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical or healthcare professional.