Ingredients: 1/3 cup soaked dates (in warm water for 20 mins), 2/3 cup peanut, almond or any seed butter, 1 banana, 1/2 cup rolled oats, 1 Tbsp coconut flour, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 pinch sea salt. Directions: Blend bananas and dates into thick paste. Mix all other ingredients. Roll into balls and place onto lined baking sheet and keep in refrigerator to chill for 20 mins.
When I make treats, I always have my husband in mind. He likes anything sweet and if I can make it healthy, even better! Since he’s so active, it’s always ideal if it’s something quick and that he can easily snack on. That’s why these Banana Bread Protein Bites are perfect.
I wasn’t sure what to call these exactly. These have bananas in them. But, they also have peanut butter (you can also substitute with other nut or seed butter).
I guess I am on a peanut butter kick lately. I posted these Chocolate Banana Nut Butter Cups and I keep them consistently stashed in my freezer. And I blame my husband since he LOVES his peanut butter.
Delicious Banana Bread Bites Recipe
- 1/3 cup of dates, ideally soaked in warm water for 20 minutes
- 2/3 cups of peanut, almond or another seed butter
- 1 sliced banana
- 1/2 cup of organic (ideally organic) rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp of coconut flour
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- In a food processor, blend bananas and soaked dates until a thick paste forms.
- Add remaining ingredients until everything is incorporated.
- Roll into balls and place onto a lined baking sheet.
- Place into fridge to chill for about 20 minutes.
These Banana Bread Protein Balls can be refrigerated for about 1 week. I keep mine in the freezer and eat as needed.
To know about Julie Pecarski – visit www.eatlifebalance.com
Improve your health through a holistic-approach