What Are The Benefits Of Ayurvedic Foot Massage
Email to Your Friends
Spread a few drops of oil/ghee on your feet, rub gently for 2-10 mins using the smooth surface of a metallic ball, wash with warm water. This massage alleviates anxiety, induces state of relaxation, brings sound sleep, releases stress and tension, improves blood circulation and digestion, rejuvenates the whole body, eradicates pain and improves eye sight.
It’s about imbibing Ayurveda in our day to day lifestyle. There is a certain discipline which we follow on the regular basis and what we call “routine”. For e.g.: Brushing teeth, taking bath, exercise, eating, etc. There are few more such activities which were supposed to a part of our routine as described in Ayurveda. This comes under the umbrella of “Din Charya (Day to day Routine)”. Over a period of time some of the activities of Din Charya have gone missing from our life gradually but their importance hasn’t diminished at all. One such small technique is the foot massage “Pada Abhyangam”.
There are many techniques and manipulations in a foot massage but we will focus on the simple practices that can be inculcated in our daily routine. Homemade ghee (clarified butter), Cow’s ghee, sesame oil, mustard oil, olive oil, coconut oil or any other relaxation oil can be used for the foot massage. For daily use Cow’s ghee is considered to be the best.
- Simply use few drops of the selected oil/ghee and rub it on your feet.
- Use the smooth surface of a small metallic bowl to rub it gently on your feet. Classical texts indicate “bell metal” as the best choice for the same.
- Rub it gently in both directions for 2-10 minutes on both feet. After this relaxing routine simply wash your feet with warm water.
- It can be done anytime of the day. Works best when done just before sleeping at night.
Benefits of Foot Massage
- Alleviates anxiety
- Induces state of relaxation
- Brings sound sleep
- Releases stress and tension
- Improves blood circulation
- Rejuvenates the whole body
- Improves digestion
- Eradicates pain
- Improves Eye sight
- Restores youth and vitality
- Develops Vigor
- Nourishes hair follicles
Listed above are just few of the benefits. It is also helpful in treating many ailments. Various therapeutic oils and techniques are used for a foot massage depending on the complaints. So if you have any ailments consult your Ayurveda specialist and if you don’t have any ailment start practicing this technique to avail the above benefits and stay away from any diseases.
Disclaimer: The content is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be construed as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical or healthcare professional.