How To Get Rid Of Facial Hair Naturally
Email to Your Friends
Ayurveda Remedies To Get Rid Of Facial Hair
There are many natural ayurvedic remedies to get rid of facial hair. A mixture of chikpea flour, turmeric, cream and milk will help. Juice of potatoes, lemon soaked and crushed yellow lentils, and honey can be used. Turmeric and black gram paste can be used. Ashokarishtam and Ashokagritham herbs can be also be used to remove excess facial hair.
Removing body hair is practiced widely by women and more recently by men. Facial hair bothers some women, so they use many techniques to remove them. However, what is important to remember is that every individual differs, so their hair growth differs. Some reasons for hair growth in women are said to be depression, PCOS, and high testosterone. But, even people who do not have these ailments will have some level of hair growth which can only be considered natural.
But, even people who do not have these ailments will have some level of hair growth which can only be considered natural.
Beauty does not depend on hair growth, it depends more on how you feel within yourself. Some women may choose to remove their hair and some don’t. Both are perfectly fine.This post about some natural, chemical free, Ayurveda remedies to get rid of facial hair. These remedies are practically painless and will not damage your skin unlike many chemicals for hair removal.
In India, the birthplace of Ayurveda, especially in South India; many women use turmeric instead of soap on their faces. This is integrated with their religious culture. But there is another reason for using turmeric- to halt hair growth. It may take several months for the hair growth to stop, but it does for most women. Also, it’s used mostly on the face but using it on the body will also give the same results. It’s not used on the body because it tends to leave a yellow tinge and may stain clothes.
An important thing to remember is to not use the spice turmeric used for cooking on your skin. As the spice for cooking may have additional colors or other things added. You can get whole turmeric and grind it in your coffee/dry spice grinder or get turmeric powder for cosmetic use in natural stores.
Following are Some Natural Ways to Remove Facial Hair
1. Chickpea Flour Recipe
- Take ½ bowl of chickpea flour
- Add ½ cup milk
- Add 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Add 1 tsp fresh cream
- Mix all the ingredients and apply on your face
- Massage in circular motions and let dry for 25 min or until the paste is dry.
- Remove the dried paste by rubbing palms on your face in direction opposite the hair growth
2. Neem Paste
- Dry turmeric leaves
- Leaves of Acalphya indica (Khokli or Kuppi)
- Neem leaves
Grind all the ingredients and prepare a paste. Rub it on the face, before sleeping at night. At morning, peel off the dried mixture from your skin. Use it regularly for a few weeks.
3. Honey Recipe
- 1 bowl of peeled and crushed potatoes
- Press on a sieve and extract their juice
- 1 bowl of crushed yellow lentils (lentils soaked overnight in water)
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- Extract juice from potatoes and the rest of the ingredients to make a paste.
- Apply on face and leave it to dry.
- Wash with warm water once dry.
4. Turmeric and Black Gram Recipe
You can mix these two powders with water to make a paste and apply over the face. It removes excessive oil and prevents hair growth on the face.
5. Thanaka and Kusuma Oil Remedy
- Remove all unwanted hair by shaving or any other hair removal cream.
- Grind Thanaka (made from the bark or leaves of Thanaka tree/Elephant tree) and Kusuma oil (safflower oil) to make a paste (thickness similar to hair removal cream or wax).
- Apply this paste to the hair removed area and massage well till it gets absorbed into skin pores.
- Do not wash or wipe the area for at least 3-4 hours (preferably do this at night before sleeping).
- Repeat this process for 100 days.
Ayurvedic Herbs To Remove Unwanted Hair Growth
Take about 25ml of this herb just before going to bed. It is known to be helpful in reducing unwanted hair.
2. Asoka Gritham
You can take about two teaspoons of this herb twice a day in the morning and evening. It reduces unwanted hair growth and makes skin better.
Disclaimer: The content is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be construed as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical or healthcare professional.