How To Get Rid Of Facial Hair Naturally: 7 Ayurvedic Remedies
Ayurveda Remedies To Get Rid Of Facial Hair
There are many natural ayurvedic remedies to get rid of facial hair. A mixture of chikpea flour, turmeric, cream and milk will help. Juice of potatoes, lemon soaked and crushed yellow lentils, and honey can be used. Turmeric and black gram paste can be used. Ashokarishtam and Ashokagritham herbs can be also be used to remove excess facial hair.
While men take pride in their beards and waxed mustaches, facial hair in women is considered contrary to prevalent beauty standards, though some amount of facial hair is absolutely normal. Of course, excessive hair growth in women is concerning not just because of self-image issues but also because it indicates an underlying hormonal imbalance. Causes of excessive facial hair in women include genetic causes, obesity, PCOS, hormonal disorders like adrenal hyperplasia, and pituitary tumors. These require immediate medical attention and lifestyle changes. Some cases, however, have no identifiable cause. Here are a few toxin-free, painless, Ayurvedic remedies to get rid of facial hair that you may try alongside your prescribed medication.
1. Chickpea Flour And Turmeric Powder Recipe
An important thing to remember is to not use the spice turmeric used for cooking on your skin. As the spice for cooking may have additional colors or chemicals. You can grind whole turmeric or get turmeric powder for cosmetic use in natural stores. It might take several months before you see a change.
- Mix ½ bowl of chickpea flour, ½ cup milk, 1 tsp turmeric powder, and 1 tsp fresh cream.
- Apply on your face and massage in circular motions and let dry.
- Remove the dried paste by rubbing in the direction opposite to hair growth.
2. Neem, Turmeric, And Kuppi Recipe
- Grind dry turmeric leaves, khokli or kuppi leaves (Acalphya indica), and neem leaves.
- Make a paste and apply it on the face. Let it stay overnight.
- Peel off the dried mixture the next morning.
- Use it regularly for a few weeks.
3. Honey, Potatoes, Yellow Lentils, And Lemon Juice Recipe
- Mix the juice of 1 bowl of peeled and crushed potatoes, 1 bowl of crushed yellow lentils (soaked overnight), 4 tbsps lemon juice, and 1 tbsp honey.
- Apply on your face and leave it to dry.
- Wash with warm water once dry.
4. Turmeric And Black Gram Recipe
- Mix turmeric and black gram powders with water to make a paste.
- Apply on your face.
- Wash off when dry.
It removes excessive oil and prevents hair growth on the face.
5. Thanaka And Kusuma Oil Remedy
- Remove all unwanted hair by shaving.
- Grind thanaka (made from the bark or leaves of thanaka tree/tlephant tree) and kKusuma oil (safflower oil) to make a paste (thickness similar to hair removal cream or wax).
- Apply this paste on the shaved area and massage well till it gets absorbed into the skin pores.
- Do not wash or wipe the area for at least 3–4 hours (preferably do this at night before sleeping).
- Repeat this process for 100 days.
6. Have Asokarishtam
Take about 25 ml of this herb just before going to bed. It is known to be helpful in reducing unwanted hair.
7. Have Asoka Gritham
You can take about 2 teaspoons of this herb twice a day in the morning and evening. It reduces unwanted hair growth and improves skin health.
Disclaimer: The content is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be construed as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical or healthcare professional.