Ayurvedic Tips For A Healthy Pregnancy: Your Care Guide
Email to Your Friends
Pregnancy is considered to be one of the most important stages in a woman’s life, one that requires tremendous care, attention and looking after. Though there are a number of different philosophies on how you can take care of yourself while pregnant, Ayurveda principles regarding care during pregnancy are considered to be truly holistic and multi-dimensional.
The principles, concepts and management of pregnancy have been discussed under `Garbhini Vyakaran’ or `Garbhini Paricharya’ which stresses on the fact that there is a need to provide proper care to the woman much before she actually becomes pregnant. The same care and attention is required even after the child is born to make sure that both the mother and the child are healthy and happy.
Ayurveda Recommends Proper Diet, Lifestyle, And Thoughts
Ayurveda believes that several vital elements play a crucial role in affecting both the mother as well as the child, thus contributing in a safe pregnancy. Hence, attention must be given to each of them. And these include healthy, proper and correct Ahara (diet and nutrition), Vihara (activities and lifestyle), and Vichara (thoughts and beliefs).
Ayurveda Pregnancy Guide
As mentioned earlier, pregnancy care comprises of careful attention to several factors that assist in making both the mother and the fetus strong and healthy. As the pregnancy progresses through each month, there is growth and development of the fetus and this is the reason why it is important for the mother to consume a wholesome and healthy diet as well as follow correct eating habits. The pregnancy guide stresses upon providing proper care in relation to both the diet as well as lifestyle parameters of the pregnant woman.
Ayurveda Wellness Tips for Safe Pregnancy
- Avoid fasting and over eating.
- Eat healthy, fresh and easily digestible Satvic foods such as seasonal fruits, green leafy vegetables, ghee, milk, milk products, raisins, and food items that are high in protein, minerals and vitamins. Pregnancy care also recommends consuming herbs like Aamla and Shatawari during this period.
- Opt for a diet that includes all six basic tastes – sweet, sour, salty, bitter, pungent and astringent.
- Avoid stale, fried, spicy, and old food.
- In case pregnancy is associated with constipation, a mild herb laxative like Liquorice powder and Rose preparation of Gulkanda may be taken along with glassful of milk.
- Your lifestyle and daily activities also need to be monitored for a healthy pregnancy.
- Avoid lifting heavy objects, especially during the first few months.
- Do not stress yourself, both physically and mentally.
- Wear clothes that are comfortable and loose.
- Keep a happy mental attitude and relax yourself more often.
- The pregnancy guide also strongly prohibits curbing of the natural body urges.
- Ayurveda pregnancy recommendations lay emphasis on maintaining a positive and happy disposition of the mind all through the nine months of pregnancy. Do not bring negative thoughts in your mind and avoid talking, watching or listening to negative things.
Disclaimer: The content is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be construed as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical or healthcare professional.