Awakening Our Heart Chakra To Heal Physical And Emotional Heart Ailments
The heart chakra is the center of love and kindness and is located at the center of the chest, linked to the thymus gland, heart, lungs, breasts and arms. When closed, the heart chakra manifests in physical symptoms like cardiovascular disease and emotional symptoms like supressed anger, hurt, grief, and jealousy. Here are 6 self-healing practices one can use to open one's heart chakra. These methods range from breathing exercises, herbal remedies, colored light therapy and simple visualization. Allow these methods to open up your heart chakra and allow positive feelings like forgiveness, joy, compassion and love to flow through your body.
Our heart chakra, understandably, is the center of love, care, compassion, kindness and joy. Located at the center of our chest, it is linked to our thymus gland, heart, lungs, breasts, and arms. The heart chakra is associated with the air element and the color green.
When opened, this chakra allows love, respect, compassion, and forgiveness to flow freely through us. However, when blocked, it can manifest physically as cardiovascular and respiratory diseases and emotionally as suppressed grief, anger, jealousy, and an inability to let go of past hurt. For your well-being, we give you traditional Indian practices that will awaken your heart chakra.
These 6 self-healing holistic practices will release the stagnant energy inside and allow it to flow freely and heighten the feelings of self-love and self-respect.
1. Herbal Remedy To Cleanse The Heart Chakra
This is a traditional Indian remedy to detoxify the heart chakra, reduce cholesterol, dissolve arterial plaque, and improve heart function. Here’s how you can make this cure at home:
- 50 grams of cumin seeds
- 50 grams of whole cloves
- 50 grams of coriander seeds
- 50 grams of cinnamon sticks
- 50 grams of holy basil powder
- 50 grams of ginger root powder
- 75 grams of turmeric root powder
- 100 grams of amalaki fruit powder
- Grind the following ingredients to a fine powder and refrigerate.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of the powder with 1 teaspoon of raw honey and a little water.
- Take this mixture 3 times a day, 30 minutes before each meal. Do this for 1 month. Repeat this once a year to maintain a healthy heart.
In addition to this, follow a plant-based wholefood diet and start the day with 1 glass of cold-pressed pomegranate juice. This will cleanse and nourish the cardiovascular system.
2. Expansive Breath To Open Our Heart Chakra
This breathing exercise opens up the heart chakra; strengthens the cardiovascular and respiratory system; and releases painful, suppressed emotions. Here’s what you need to do:
- Sit in the easy pose (Sukhasana) and close your eyes.
- Place your hands on your chest, one on top of the other.
- Bring your awareness to your heart chakra and your emotions.
- Inhale slowly and deeply while stretching your arms out to your sides, parallel to the floor.
- Retain your breath for as long as you are comfortable with your arms stretched out.
- During the breath retention, visualize your heart and lungs opening and releasing physical and emotional blockages.
- Repeat this breath retention 11 times.
- Practice this breathing exercise twice a day.
3. Apan Vayu Mudra To Balance The Heart Chakra
The apan vayu mudra balances the air element within the body to regulate and strengthen the heart chakra. Here’s what you need to do:
- Place your index finger at the base of your thumb.
- Place the tip of your thumb, middle finger, and ring finger together.
- Relax and extend your little finger.
- Practice with both hands, 2 times a day, for 30 minutes in total.
Note: The apan vayu mudra might be useful during the onset of a heart attack, while awaiting medical assistance.
4. Green Light To Harmonize Our Heart Chakra
The universe is bathed in a spectrum of colors, each of which is associated with a specific chakra. As we know now, the heart chakra relates to the green color. We get green light naturally from the sun. However, we are not exposed to this light in the cooler months.
During the cooler seasons, we can practice the following:
- Place a green 60-watt bulb in a lamp that can be adjusted, such that the light can be directed toward the center of your chest.
- If a green bulb is not available, a green light filter gel can be used.
- Sit comfortably in a warm room, the lit lamp placed approximately 2 feet from your chest.
- Absorb the green-colored light into your bare chest for 10 minutes.
- Practice 2 times a day for 4 weeks.
5. Gold-Charged Water To Empower Our Heart Chakra
It is believed that gold-charged water stimulates the vital life energy required by the heart to function optimally and has a harmonizing effect on the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual body. Traditionally, gold pieces were boiled in water, which transferred the therapeutic properties of the gold to the drinking water. To prepare gold-charged water, do the following:
- Thoroughly wash 10 grams of pure gold coins, pure gold jewelry, or gold pieces.
- Boil 1 liter of water in a stainless steel pan.
- Add the gold to the boiling water.
- Continue to boil until half of the water has evaporated.
- Remove the gold and filter the gold-charged water through a fine muslin cloth twice.
- Divide into 3 cups and drink 1 cup of warm gold-charged water before each meal.
- Prepare fresh gold-charged water daily, using the same gold.
- Continue for 4 weeks and refrain from eating sour foods during this time.
6. Visualization To Awaken Our Heart Chakra
The physical and emotional energies of the heart chakra are closely connected, which allows our positive healing thoughts to have a direct influence on our physical health. To help visualize your heart chakra, practice the following:
- Lie down comfortably outdoor in a natural setting.
- Take several deep breaths and bring your awareness to the calming vibration of your the green surroundings.
- Visualize your heart chakra, at the center of your chest, drawing in the green calming vibration of nature.
- Allow the calming vibration to embrace and comfort you.
- Allow it to dissolve your worries and fears and release any negative thoughts and emotions.
- Visualize it filling your heart with peace and tranquillity and empowering your heart chakra.
- Feel your heart chakra energy expanding and awakening.
- Sense your heart chakra illuminating and radiating self-love and compassion.
- Trust in your body’s innate healing wisdom.
- Open your eyes gently.
With the help of these practices, you will soon feel the warm waves of heartfelt love, compassion, and forgiveness emanating from your heart chakra and flowing throughout your entire being.
Disclaimer: The content is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be construed as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical or healthcare professional.