Scoop out the flesh from 1 ripe avocado. Mash it with 1/8 diced red onion, 1/2 tbsp lime juice, and a pinch of salt, pepper and garlic powder, until it is a bit lumpy. Spread this mixture over 2 slices of toast. Combine this nutritious fibrous snack with a fruit salad or a whole fruit. This snack will provide a dose of healthy fats and vitamins and keep you satiated for a long time.
What’s a better way to wake up than with some avocado toast? “What’s avocado toast?” – you may be asking… Well it’s sort of like guacamole, but on toast instead of tortilla chips. It’s a yummy and nutritious breakfast.
This recipe is highly versatile, so add traditional guacamole spices or make it simple like I do!
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/8 red onion, diced
- Pinch salt, pepper, garlic powder
- 2 slices toast
- To cut open avocado, use a sharp knife and slowly cut to center of avocado until you reach the pit. Then pivet the knife around the pit so that you cut the avocado in half. Holding each half of the avocado, gently twist until both halves come apart. Remove the pit, and scoop avocado into a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl, and using a fork, mash all ingredients together until only slightly chunky.
- Toast your favorite bread, I love sourdough, and top the bread with your fresh avocado mash.
- This pairs very well with fruit salad or just a piece of fresh fruit.
Avocados are rich in unsaturated fats and vitamins. Paired with the fiber from your toast, this breakfast will keep you feeling satisfied.
This recipe can also make a for a quick lunch, snack, or light dinner!