Babies, eh? They’re cute, they smell nice, and when they crack one of those tiny toothless grins you’d probably even forgive them weeing all over your brand new dress. But let’s face it. Being a mom is a challenge! Here are 12 challenges listed by mums!
1. Having incredible boobs … that hurt so badly you’ll kill anyone who so much as brushes up against them.
2. Being proud of the fact that your stomach looks like it was attacked by a tiger.
3. That “sleep when the baby sleeps” is the stupidest phrase anyone has ever uttered.
4. Waking up in a cold sweat, convinced you rolled over on the baby — only to find them sleeping soundly in their crib.
5. Accidental shoplifting.
6. That “mother’s intuition” is real. And it is powerful.
7. Wearing granny panties that are made out of mesh and come up to your eyeballs.
8. The feeling of victory that fitting into your pre-pregnancy clothes awards you (no matter how much muffin is left on top).
9. Loving your other half for giving you such an amazing gift.
10. The fear that every other mother in the world is doing a better job than you.
11. The isolation of being alone with a tiny, helpless human. All. Day. LONG.
12. The amazing feeling of being the one who created this unique human being.