Aloe Vera For Acne Scars And Other Skin Benefits
Email to Your Friends
Benefits of Aloe Vera for Skin
Aloe vera, monikered the ‘plant of immortality’ by the Egyptians is consumed as juice, powder or paste for a multitude of health and skin benefits.
Aloe vera for acne scars
- Repeated application of aloe vera is effective for treating scars in some circumstances, especially in the case of acne marks, due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Aloe Vera gel has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties believed to be helpful in healing and preventing scarring from acne.
- Aloe vera gel mixed with honey can be directly applied on acne for 15 minutes.
Other Skin Benefits of Aloe Vera
- Aloe extract can cool and soothe irritated skin. It is the only topical treatment known to reduce the appearance of scars.
- Aloe vera is considered very beneficial for the skin as it can moisturize, reduce chafing, relieve pain (for example, from sunburn), and reduce skin irritation. It works by forming a protective layer on the skin and replenishing the moisture in the skin.
- One of the best things about aloe vera is that it can be used by people who have sensitive skin because it’s gentle and soothing. Applying the gel to the face before applying makeup can prevent the skin from drying out. Besides, men can also use it as an aftershave as it can soothe irritation and heal small cuts.
- Application of Aloe vera will not make your skin oily, like some lotions or creams do. It can help lessen the effects of aging on the skin, improve the skin’s natural firmness and helps keep the skin hydrated.
- Its anti-inflammatory properties cut down skin irritations and helps wounds rid themselves of dead skin, according to the Huntington College of Health Sciences.
- Aloe vera can also lessen surface swelling and help repair damaged skin cells, as well as protect newer and healthier ones. It’s able to penetrate deeply into the skin to moisture it and help increase the amount of collagen your skin produces to promote healing.
- Aloe vera can give relief from skin conditions like psoriasis and eczema. Applying it topically can minimize inflammation, puffiness and itching.
- Aloe Vera gel helps scars heal faster by strengthening the collagen structure within the scar. But, it should not be used on open wounds, instead using it on closed wounds can help hasten the healing and lessen scar formation. The glycoproteins in the gel are thought to stop inflammation and pain, and its polysaccharides promote skin growth and repair.
- Consuming Aloe Vera in the form of juice or its application in the form of gel can help reduce sunburns and stretch marks.
- Its anti-inflammatory properties assist in reducing irritation and redness of the skin to a great extent. However, you must remember it cannot completely cure skin issues, but can aid in reducing the intensity of the problem. Moreover, regular consumption and application of aloe vera can be a powerful preventive measure.
Disclaimer: The content is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be construed as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical or healthcare professional.