Blend 1 1/4c ground blanched almonds, 2T unsweetened shredded coconut, 1c pitted dates, 1/2t cocoa powder, 2t almond extract until well-combined. Shape the mixture into small round-shaped balls. For the coating, combine 1T cocoa powder and 3T shredded coconut in a plate. Roll each ball in cocoa-coconut mixture until evenly coated. Store refrigerated.
These sweet little gems, almond coconut balls are delicious, healthy and an easy-to-make dessert, snack or beautiful holiday gift. Treat yourself today!
- 1 1/4 cups ground, blanched almonds
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
Ingredients For Coating
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 – 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- Combine marzipan ball ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until well mixed.
- Form into balls. (yields about 15).
- For the coating, combine 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- 2-3 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut on a plate.
- Roll each ball in cocoa/coconut mixture (or just coconut or cocoa if preferred).
- Store refrigerated.