6 Powerful Yoga Exercises To Help You Burn Belly Fat And Get Abs In No Time
That belly fat is called stubborn for a reason, with permanent names like paunch, belly, muffin top, beer barrel and so on, created to make us feel like it’s funny and not well, annoying, and seemingly impossible to get rid of. No matter what work-outs you tried before, this specific yoga work-out plan may what you need, to burn that belly fat and sculpt it into a sexy flat or abs covered belly.
1. Kapal Bhati Asana Or Head Shining Pose
This is a simple breathing exercise and asana which can promote belly fat burning naturally by increasing the body’s metabolism and digestion rate.
1. Sit on the floor or on a yoga mat, cross or fold your legs and keep your spine erect.
2. Keep your eyes closed, then place your palms facing up on your knees i.e. left palm on left knee and right palm on right knee.
3. After you feel a bit more relaxed, start inhaling deeply and making your tummy rise, and exhale by making your stomach sink.
4. Repeat this technique about 15 times if you’re a beginner, or if you have some practice with this before, then you can do it for about 20 times.
2. Viparita Shalabhasana Asana Or Grasshopper Or Superman Pose
This pose helps you stretch and strengthen your abdomen and lower back muscles thereby helping you sculpt your belly.
1. Lie flat on your stomach first, with your legs together and feet touching each other.
2. Next, stretch your arms in front of you beyond your head, and slowly use it to lift your chest, shoulders, arms, and legs off the ground.
3. Keep taking slow deep breaths as you do this and focus on the stretching action.
4. Make sure you feel a pull on both the ends and that your elbows and knees should not be bent.
5. Hold it for a count of 10 and as you get better, increase the count to 20.
6. When finishing off, exhale slowly and then lower your raised arms, chest, and legs.
3. Utrasana Asana Or Camel Pose
Almost like you’re a hinge bending over backwards, this pose is a great way to tone your abdominal muscles, improve respiration and help stretch out your belly and exercise lower parts of your spine.
1. Kneel on the floor, keep your legs spread a hip-width apart, and tuck your toes under.
2. Now, stretch your arms forward in front of your chest with your palms facing the floor.
3. Start bending your upper body with your shoulders backwards towards your feet to make an arch.
4. After doing so, stop, and focus on your breathing, for a count of 10 to 20.
5. Slowly return to your original kneeling position and repeat the cycle about 5 to 10 times.
4. Vrikshasana Asana Or Tree Pose
As one of the more popular yoga poses, this is also one of the best yoga poses to shed some extra fat off that belly. This pose strains the ab area, makes it firmer and helps balance out your entire body.
1. Keep your shoulders and hips aligned and stand straight.
2. Then slowly shift your weight to your left foot.
3. Lift your right leg up and place it flat on the inner thigh of your left leg.
4. As you do this, lift your arms above your head and put your palms together.
5. Do some slow inhaling and exhaling, hold this position for around 5 slow breaths, and then release.
5. Dhanurasana Asana Or Bow Pose
The stretches of this exercise are a classic endurance training trick and help stretch your stomach, make it exert pressure and act like a soothing massage that helps fight constipation and improve digestion.
1. Lie on your stomach, keep your arms to your side and keep your legs stretched.
2. Then, slowly bend your knees up, put your arms back and hold onto your ankles.
3. Keep this position and breathe normally for about 10 counts.
4. Close off, by exhaling and returning to a normal position
5. Repeat this pose about 5 to 10 times.
6. Bhujangasana Asana Or Cobra pose
Another popular pose to burn belly fat, it also helps release bad toxins in the body, ease any abdominal issues and helps relieve stress.
1. Lie flat on your stomach with your legs outstretched and both knees touching each other.
2. Slowly, lift your head, neck, shoulders, and chest upwards
3. This way, your entire weight of your upper body will fall on your hands and thighs.
4. In this asana, try to take your head backwards as much as you can.
5. After holding the pose on a count of 10, slowly bring your head back to the ground
6. Repeat this around 5 times.
Make sure you practice these yoga poses each morning, as they help strengthen your core and shed any extra fat. Try combining that with a protein-rich breakfast, drinking lots of water and fresh juices, all day.
Disclaimer: The content is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be construed as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical or healthcare professional.